We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

currency

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
currency

when is sweden changing its currency design i am planning to go to stockholm june 2014 and i want to know when to get currency either old or new design. will old design be accepted along with new or is it best to wait till just befote i leave to get new design currency.

London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: currency

Some old currency will expire in 2016 and some in 2017. None will expire before your trip.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,706 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: currency

There are some notes that are valid until the 31st Dec 2013 - riksbank.se/en/… but these are very old ones and haven't been in circulation for some time (were replaced in 2006).

The new money will be introduced in two rounds in October 2015 and 2016 (riksbank.se/en/…) with the old ones being valid until end of June the following year (banks will redeem the money for a bit after this, and the national bank can redeem invalid money for a set fee).

3. Re: currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 06:15