We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm transport

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chorley, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stockholm transport

I am looking for the cheapest way of getting from Arlanda airport into Stockholm city centre. I presumed the cheapest way would be on the Arlanda express, but tickets seem quite expensive at 260 SEK per person for a single trip, does anyone know of anything cheaper?

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,297 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockholm transport

Arlanda Express is not the cheapest but the fastest.

Airport Coaches (www.flygbussarna.se) are 99 SEK (single journey)

Local trains (www.sj.se) are 120 SEK, plus a 75 SEK airport fee (single journey).

Edited: 16 September 2013, 07:31
Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stockholm transport

The cheapest way is to go entirely with SL (bus 583 from Arlanda to Märsta, Pendeltåg (commuter train) to Stockholm central). It's 72 SEK or included if you have an SL access travelcard (ie a 3-day card or a 7-day card ...)

The SL commuter trains also operate to Arlanda Airport (single ticket is 125 SEK). This journey is also kind of included in the travelcards but then as @WhiskyTraveller wrote, subject to a 75 SEK surcharge.

SL tickets can be bought in the Pressbyrån newsagents, which you can find at Arlanda.

England
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stockholm transport

It appears from my internet searches for airport coaches that Flygbussarna takes 45 minutes and has 7 stops whereas Swebus takes 35 minutes and is non-stop. Is this correct? Also, am I correct in thinking the ticket can be bought on both coaches with a debit (or credit) card only, not cash, for 99SEK? Thanks :)

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stockholm transport

@OneMember Swebus no longer operates an Arlanda service, other than that, you're correct. Travel time is mainly depending on traffic and can be longer than 45 minutes in rush hour.

5. Re: Stockholm transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 05:17