We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years 2014

Belfast, United...
14 posts
Save Topic
New Years 2014

Hello.

I plan on being in Stockholm from December 30th until January 4th for New Years Eve and also to have some time to see the sights. Are there any other travellers out there that are going to be in Stockholm as well? If so, would be good to get in touch and see if we share any plans etc...

Also, I have read some comments on previous years, just wondering if anyone has any tips they would give for this time of year?

Finally I am thinking of taking a short trip to Helsinki as well for a few days as flights are very cheap. Would this be recommended for this time of year or should i stay in Stockholm and maybe do some more exploring a bit further out of the city etc...

Thanks

Mjolby, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years 2014

Hi!

New years in Stockholm could be great, lots of partying and people all over the place.

Having that said, it will be crowded and reservations will be essential at most restaurants.

For ideas on where to go this site could be useful:

translate.google.com/translate…

Also keep in mind that typical "touristy" sites might have limited hours during new years, some might even be closed.

I would give Helsinki a miss since your time frame is a bit limited. Even though you will be flying you could easily loose up to a day just in transfers.

2. Re: New Years 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2014, 05:17