We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports shop in Stockholm (like Decathlon)

Singapore
Level Contributor
197 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sports shop in Stockholm (like Decathlon)

I googled and found there is a Decathlon shop in Stockholm.

Decathlon

Bryggerivägen 12, 168 67 Stockholm, Bromma

Is this reached by the metro?

Or is there somewhere within Ostermalm/Sodermalm etc area where there is any Decathlon or similar sports shop?

Thanks!

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
499 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports shop in Stockholm (like Decathlon)

It's a 10 minute bus ride on the 110 which stops outside of Alvik station on the t-bana Green Line. There might be a tram option from next year depending on when you're going. It's similar to the outlet sports shops found in places like Barkarby so I don't think that you'll find anything similar in the centre of town. Stadium has a couple of large branches in the centre but I would say that Decathlon is much bigger.

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports shop in Stockholm (like Decathlon)

Actually, the tram already operates.

T-bana Green line to Alvik, Tvärbana (direction Solna Centrum) to Norra Ulvsunda.

(Also possible is T-bana Blue line to Sundbybergs centrum and Tvärbana to Norra Ulvsunda)

Singapore
Level Contributor
197 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports shop in Stockholm (like Decathlon)

Thanks!

I'll be in Stockholm fr 19 to 22nd Dec.

I can take the green line to Alvik and once I exit from Alvik, do I walk there or do I take a bus?

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports shop in Stockholm (like Decathlon)

From Alvik you take either the Tvärbanan tram line or bus 110. My personal opinion is that it's way too far to walk.

Singapore
Level Contributor
197 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sports shop in Stockholm (like Decathlon)

Thanks. I understand what you mean now. Take green line to Alvik, from Alvik take the tram to Norra Ulvsunda or 110 bus ride to Decathlon.

Singapore
Level Contributor
197 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sports shop in Stockholm (like Decathlon)

One last question - If I get the 3 day Metro pass, when I take the tram or the bus, can I use the pass?

Thanks!

Huddinge...
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sports shop in Stockholm (like Decathlon)

The three days card is valid on every public transport. The tram and the bus is a public transport.

8. Re: Sports shop in Stockholm (like Decathlon)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 05:18