We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night … hotel location recommendation

palm coast, fl
Level Contributor
464 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
One night … hotel location recommendation

We fly into Stockholm for one night in early August. We will have part of the day we arrive and most of the next day to explore the city. Wondering where the best location to stay might be and would appreciate any hotel recommendations in that area. Not looking to spend over 300/night…

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,508 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night … hotel location recommendation

I doubt you'll find much more than a dorm bed in an hostel for under 300 SEK a night.

Mjolby, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night … hotel location recommendation

Since the OP is from the US I guess she/he might be referring to US dollars :-)

Then it's a whole other deal. Any hotel in the city centre will do I would say.

A good start could be the ratings here on TripAdvisor:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g189852-Stockholm-Hot…

Some are more expensive than 300/night, some are not.

Happy planning!

palm coast, fl
Level Contributor
464 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night … hotel location recommendation

It was 300 AMERICAN DOLLARS I was referring to. So sorry for the confusion…

palm coast, fl
Level Contributor
464 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night … hotel location recommendation

Does the city center have a name other than city center? Should I just google "hotels in the city center of Stockholm" and then look at trip advisor? Are other areas okay or is this the best? I have points for the Marriott but that is on Ralambshovsleden 50 but I do not know where that is in relation to the city center. WE really don't want to spend 45 minutes getting to where the main attractions are located. Since we have such a short time we would like to be able to walk out of our hotel and have sites within walking distance.

Mjolby, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One night … hotel location recommendation

The Marriot is maybe a bit "off", it's not that very far from the main attractions but it will be a 30 minutes walk roughly. Personally I like the Hilton Slussen, mainly because of the excellent location. It's pretty much right in the middle of the "touristy" areas. Just a few minutes walk to the Old Town for instance. Pretty much everything is within walking distance actually. There's also a subway station outside the hotel.

palm coast, fl
Level Contributor
464 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One night … hotel location recommendation

Thanks so much, I will check out the hilton. this is just the info I was looking for.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: One night … hotel location recommendation

Test

Edited: 09 January 2014, 09:25
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
98 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One night … hotel location recommendation

Radison Blu and Scandic Grand Central is very close to the Central Station and the Arlanda Express train.

Hilton Slussen is two stations away, but in a more relaxed part of the city. And yes. The view is better.

9. Re: One night … hotel location recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 05:16