We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Tallink ferry to Tallinn

England
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about Tallink ferry to Tallinn

Hi,

Im looking to book on Baltic Queen from Tallinn - Stockholm. I have a few questions:

1. Ive travelled on both Silja ships to/from Helsinki, is the Baltic Queen similar/better/not as good?

2. If 2 people travelling together, book a shared cabin (and arrive early enough) will they be guaranteed to be in the same shared cabin? How early would we have to arrive to have a good chance at this?

3. Is the evening/breakfast buffet worth it? On Silja I liked breakfast buffet but not evening buffet

Thank you!

Edited: 03 February 2014, 02:38
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
447 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Tallink ferry to Tallinn

Baltic Queen was launched just a few years ago, so furnishings are better than the Silja ships.

The booking system tells if you can get a cabin on your own; chances are good, as long as you stay off conferences and other special events.

Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
574 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Tallink ferry to Tallinn

If you book together at the same time you will be in the same cabin. Thats what you want isnt it?

As for the buffets they are fairly similar. If youre lucky there will be something extra special. The price is good considering that drink is included, but I have grown tired of it myself and prefer the a la carte restaurants.

Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Tallink ferry to Tallinn

Realise this is an old post but in case of people doing research,me had the Buffet dinner and breakfast and both were awesome. Particularly dinner...on ours we had dishes like Brazilian feijoada, smoked salmon, sushi, potato rosti's, baked fish. I would estimate about 20 different cold dishes and about 10 hot meals. Deserts not as great but still good for overnight cruise. If I went again I would definitely do both buffets. Quality was surprisingly good. Restaurant did not feel crowded and there were multiple serving stations so no waiting.

Edited: 15 May 2014, 19:46
4. Re: Questions about Tallink ferry to Tallinn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 08:16