We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a week in stockholm, sweden (June 2014)

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
a week in stockholm, sweden (June 2014)

Hi, I will be attending an education conference in stockholm in June 2014. I will bring my family but i need to know which economy airline to take from malaysia to stockholm. I am also a member of RCI, Can anybody share their experience staying in the RCI resorts in sweden. Which one would be recommend for a family of 4. Thank you.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
582 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a week in stockholm, sweden (June 2014)

Don't know anything about RCI. Hard to say what airline to use, since it often depends on what specific dates you fly on. Many international visitors check prices at http://skyscanner.net but there are also many other similar sites where you can check prices.

London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a week in stockholm, sweden (June 2014)

There are no RCI resorts anywhere near Stockholm, I am afraid.

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: a week in stockholm, sweden (June 2014)

thank you for responding to my question. I know there are a couple of RCI resorts in sweden but i think it is quite a distance from stockholm

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,820 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a week in stockholm, sweden (June 2014)

If by economic you mean budget airlines, there are no low cost carriers that run that route.

You get a partial link to budget carriers with Airberlin who codeshare with Ethiad if I remember correctly, but they were more expensive than full service lines on that route..

The cheapest way to go Far East to Europe is usually to bounce in the Middle East - and when I did a quick check with Expedia for UK prices (your region may vary) the two cheapest carriers were Qatar and Ethiad. THe problem here is usually ensuring you get flight times that do not kill you with jetlag so some timing research is worth doing.

Malaysian seem to bounce at Schipol for this route and codeshare with KLM....so you might check both carriers as sometimes one is expensive but the other cheap on codeshares - you still have a bounce stop but ones at one end of the long trip tend to be easier to handle than ones in the middle for the jetlag issue (seems to be around 2000MYR each way so around 370GBP, making it comparable with SAS or better and a little more expensive than prices I was seeing for the one bouncing in the MIddle East that were around 640GBP return which is 3500 or so MYR).

IF you book direct with the airline then a day or two can make a massive difference - looking at SAS for example - the KL to Stockholm leg is 468GBP on wed 19th, but 1200GBP the next day, so being flexible can save you a lot.

So to find the best deal you will have to shop around and check with flexible dates as it can make a big difference. Also balance the amount of extra cost of the popular routes with how it affects your travel

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: a week in stockholm, sweden (June 2014)

Thanks myrm for the informative posts and taking the trouble to browse the net. I did a compare price and found that emirates is still the cheapest and shorter transit time. I have also given up on rci resorts as i was informed by rci that the nearest is 4 hours drive from SAS.

6. Re: a week in stockholm, sweden (June 2014)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 07:18