We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

I have gotten train info from the Swedish rail sight (www.sj.se) concerning reservations on the X2000 train between Copenhagen and Stockholm, but they will only mail tickets within Scandinavia. Does anyone know how to book and receive tickets in the US ahead of time. I have contacted www.swedenbooking.com but they have not responded to email or fax.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

Greg, I still can't seem to buy tickets from Oslo to Stockholm with the AMEX card. What's the secret? We tried the Visa with the embedded chip and that didn't work either. I don't get it. Thanks for any insight.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
480 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

scoshi > Try http://www.bokatag.se/en instead.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

@soer, I tried that site as well but what I get from them is "OBS! Card must be authorized with 3D secure" Thanks for trying to help though. I suppose I need to call them.

US
1 post
Save Reply
54. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

I got the same 3D secure message on 2 Mastercards on the bokatag site so I tried my Visa debit card and it worked.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

Just to add a little and ask a little.

I went on bokatag.se and the price for our tickets was 346.61 Euro. I then went to raileurope-world.com and the same tickets were 603.20 Euro. Our trip isn't until June so I am wondering if anyone knows if tickets get cheaper at any point or is the 346.61 a good price for 4 people? The reason I ask is that it states "Cheaper journeys released 90 days before departure." on the www.sj.se website. If I book 4 tickets in Feb they are only 112 Euro so I have probably answered my own question but why make them so much cheaper as the time to ride gets closer?

Thank you for any assistance

Phil

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

Cheapest tickets are always available 90 days before travel.

Rail Europe is an expensive ticket agency that is best avoided.

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

All tickets for SJ (and some other European train companies) travel are released 90 days prior to travel date. You can´t buy them before! Then its airline style!

The most popular dates and times gets expensive and some less popular times stay cheap.

And of course you know we dont use Euro here in Sweden...?

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

Thanks for the quick answers. I'll hold of until it's within 90 days.

Anders, yes I am aware that Krona is the currency but just had Euro on the screens at the time I was copying and pasting. :-) A little lazy is my only excuse. I was born in Sweden but left when I was only 9. I'm getting to go back "home" and see my old friends and show my kids where I came from. I can't wait to see the Vasa and show it to my kids. It was pretty rough when I last saw it in 1981 or it might have been earlier than that. I've been looking at it on the web and it looks much better now.

Thanks again

Siegen...
1 post
Save Reply
59. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

hallo,I want to know the price for SJ X2000 from Copenhagen to Stockholm.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,654 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: X2000 Train Tickets - Copenhagen to Stockholm

Prices and schedules are available at http://www.sj.se. Discounted tickets are made available 90 days in advance and cost from 196 SEK.