We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 week itin. (stockholm, bohuslan, bergen, vejle/copenhagen)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
306 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 week itin. (stockholm, bohuslan, bergen, vejle/copenhagen)

We, 3 adults and 2 young children (5 and 7 yo), are planning our first visit to Scandinavia this mid June/July 2014 for about 2 weeks plus. Our interest is more on relax sightseeing and some cultural experiences, and find something suitable for our children along the way. Coming from tropical country in Asia, Europe is very interesting and different place for us, although we have been to some countries in Europe before (England, Scotland, France, Netherlands, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, and Greece).

Based on my initial research, I was thinking about this itinerary:

1) Flying to Stockholm, stay 4 nights, focus in Stockholm city, and if possible one day trip to country side/small towns to experienced typical Swedish life

2) Taking train from Stockholm to Gothenburg, stay 3 nights in Gothenburg, focus in western coast of bohusland, incl islands/villages such as Smogen. We may have to rent a car here.

3) Flying to Bergen, Norway, stay 5 nights. The city and surrounding area looks fantastic. We may also plan to do one or two light excursion off Bergen, and wondering if we need to rent a car to go around outside Bergen city.

4) Flying from Bergen to Billund, Denmark, stay 3 nights in Vejle. We will spend at least one full day in legoland. There are some other kids related stuff here such as zoo, waterpark, etc. But we may not do that, instead I am looking for some possibilities to drive around billund to see the country side or small towns to experience typical Denmark living.

5) Flying back home from Copenhagen (taking train from Vejle to Copenhagen airport)

I would appreciate if I can hear any feedback from the experts here. Specifically, I also would like to know if it is too late to start booking accommodation, since it is only 2-3months left (long haul ticket from Asia is no issue). Normally, we stay in holiday apartment, can someone refer website/agency/operator/apartment that we can rent in the above places?

Lastly, is it fine to just skip Copenhagen? I read somewhere that Copenhagen looks like a bit like Amsterdam and a bit like Stockholm, hence it is ok to skip. Also, I try to limit max 4 places to stay..moving in and out, esp with children, is not that easy.

Apologize for cross-posting this message in Copenhagen, Bergen, and Stockholm forum.

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.

Regards

STR

Mentioned in this post
Asia
Asia
World
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Spain
Spain
Europe
Greece
Greece
Europe
Bergen
Bergen
Hordaland, Norway
Billund
Billund
South Jutland, Denmark
Denmark
Denmark
Europe
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
603 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 week itin. (stockholm, bohuslan, bergen, vejle/copenhagen)

Sounds like a solid plan to me. Pity for Copenhagen but I can see your point regarding limiting the number of stops. It is a great place though with a famous amusement park, Tivoli.

About timing for booking a quick look at 'Booking.com' which I use shows that Bergen is 91% booked in early July. The other places look better. I checked for apartments fora family of four.

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
2. Re: 2 week itin. (stockholm, bohuslan, bergen, vejle/copenhagen)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 06:16