We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Stockholm

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotels in Stockholm

Hi,

I will be traveling to Stockholm with my mother from June 5-8th. It will be our first time there and we are looking for a nice hotel in a good location close to all the main sights. I have been looking at the Diplomat Hotel, the Elite Eden Park and the Nobis hotel. Which is better? Any other recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks =)

Mjolby, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Stockholm

Have only stayed at the Elite Eden Park and had just an OK stay. Due to issues with cleanliness I wrote a 3 points review. Hotel as such is quite nice though. Location is good with most things reachable by foot. Views from the rooms are either a street or overlooking a park.

Looking at the other two the Diplomat is in a really nice location, especially the rooms overlooking the water looks nice. The Nobis is also in a nice location but a bit further away from the water. Well, all three are in a nice part of town but if I had to choose I would try the Diplomat.

Rates are similar for the three, at least for a typical double. Rooms overlooking water are a bit expensive. On the other hand you will have views of one Europe's most beautiful water ways so it might be worth it :-)

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Stockholm

Thanks! Actually, I eliminated the Elite Eden Park because the location doesn't seems as good.

I am now deciding between Hotel Diplomat, Hotel Rival and Hotel Nobis. Which do you think I should pick?

Mjolby, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Stockholm

You're welcome :-) Hmm, tough choice. I would say the Rival, it's supposed to be REALLY good which reviews here on TripAdvisor seems to concur. The Diplomat would be my second pick due to the nice views.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Stockholm

+ 1 for Rival. The location is superb, the cafe Rival next to the hotel has a very nice atmosphere and excellent breakfest.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Stockholm

Thanks!!!

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
570 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Stockholm

Quite different types of hotels...

Rival's got a really nice Boutique Hotel Buzz to it (and is probably the trendiest).

Diplomat's been around for quite a while and (an option would be Radisson Blu Strand Hotel across the water with similar treats) and must be considered a Sthlm Classic by now.

Nobis is a new hotel show casing a bit of "old world" style (IMHO) although newly opened.

7. Re: Hotels in Stockholm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 05:16