We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arlanda with childr, do I need to reserve a taxi in advance?

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
298 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Arlanda with childr, do I need to reserve a taxi in advance?

Hi All

* Five of us, including two little childred, will arrive in Arlanda. As we need big taxi (for 5 persons) and car seat (I assume carseat is mandatory for my two children), do I need to book taxi in advance, or just simply join the line and inform the driver accordingly?

* My reluctance to book in advance is that I have to pay SEK7.4 per minute for late arrival. I could spend an hour if my children get cranky, for instance, of the flight itself could be delayed. See the statemen from Tazxi's stcokholm website below:

------------------"When you pre-order a taxi there is a waiting period included in the fixed price, 20 minutes on domestic flights and 30 minutes on international flights. Please note that the waiting period starts when your flight has landed, after this time a waiting fee will be charged (SEK 7.41/minute). "----------

* Taxi Stockholm also quote "fixed price" from any trip from the airport. Does this "fixed price" is automatically applied by the respectice drive or do we I need to confirm it in advance? I will stay somewhere in Kungholsmen.

Thank you!

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arlanda with childr, do I need to reserve a taxi in advance?

For two children you'll need to pre-book your taxi. Most taxis carry one child seat. If you don't mind waiting a short while, you could always order the taxi when you've landed.

The fixed price should apply "automatically". Please note that a big taxi will have a higher fixed price than a regular. The fixed price is the same for the entire inner city, where Kungsholmen is included.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
298 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Arlanda with childr, do I need to reserve a taxi in advance?

Thanks, augustekman for your prompt reply. I guess I can order it in the airport by locating the respective taxi's counter, or should I make a phone call to do so?

Cheers.

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arlanda with childr, do I need to reserve a taxi in advance?

There is (at least) a Taxi Stockholm counter in the arrival hall, so you should be fine without making phone calls.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
298 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Arlanda with childr, do I need to reserve a taxi in advance?

Thank you, augustekman!

5. Re: Arlanda with childr, do I need to reserve a taxi in advance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 06:15