We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Nynashamn to Stockholm

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Nynashamn to Stockholm

Can anyone give me details on the train between Nynashamn and Stockholm, prices, schedules, what stations, etc. We are arriving on a Princess cruise on June 23rd but it doesn't dock in Stockholm, it anchors Nynashamn and uses tenders for some reason. Thanks in advance,

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
312 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Nynashamn to Stockholm

The commuter train is less than 1 km, may be as little as 500 meters). from the harbor runs every 30 minutes, You can buy tickets at the station. If you are going to be using public transportation much, buy a 10 trip card. or a pass card, A single trip ticket will cost around 65 SEK from Nynasham to Stockholm Central.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Nynashamn to Stockholm

What ticket do we have to get for getting from Nynashamn to Stockholm and back? On website http://sl.se/en recommended, when I run a time table for return route, it showed but 861 toward Nynashamn after arriving on Gullmarsplan at 15:18. What tickets we would need in order to use train and the bus? Thanks in advance.

Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
2,593 posts
527 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Nynashamn to Stockholm

All buses, metro and commuter trains are covered by the same tickets issued by SL, the local transport company. Either a single ticket (zone C) or depending on what you plan to do more a day card for 115 sek could be a practical alternative.

Normally the alternative shown is commuter train from Stockholm to Nynäshamn but bus 861 seems to be an express bus. You have to get to Gullmarsplan first though (no big deal with the green line metro south).

Maybe the reason for bus 861 being recommended has to do with the fact that during the period 22 June to 2 August this year there will be works on the tracks the first part of the journey from Nynäshamn north and you have to take a bus first (no 35X) and change to commuter train in Västerhaninge.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Nynashamn to Stockholm

Thank you! I was actually checking the schedule for May 22nd, this bus transfer makes me a little nervous - we have to make it back to the ship on time, but hopefully it's not a big deal.

Thanks again for your help.

Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Nynashamn to Stockholm

Dear Sir, we arrive 2July 2015 on a Princess cruise. There are 6 of us. We want to get from Nynashamn to Stockholm city center and take a hop on/hop off boat tour. If we were to talk a cab to accommodate 6 do you have any idea of a fare? And what taxi company would you recommend?

Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
2,593 posts
527 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Nynashamn to Stockholm

I would say just above 1000 sek. Check the local cab company Taxi Nynäs Haninge, taxinynas.se, they have a fixed price of 830 sek for a normal 4 person taxi.

7. Re: Train from Nynashamn to Stockholm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2016, 06:17