We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation Questions

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
964 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation Questions

I know you are probably sick of these types of questions, but right now this is my biggest hurdle. My questions are as follows:

We want to get from our ship docked in Frihamnen berth 634 to the Vasa museum as soon as possible. Is a taxi the best way? We will be in Stockholm on a Sunday so I don't think the bus runs and we are not adverse to taking a taxi. From what I understand, they don't allow you to buy tickets online. I would like to see the outside of the Abba Museum which I think is close.

2. From there we want to go to Gamla Stan. I think we have to get a boat. Is the boat stop near the museum. I think we get off at Grand Hotel. Is that correct?

3 From there we have a 14:15 reservation at Ice Bar. I think it is a close walk from there, but am I correct?

4. Then we need to get to the Frihamen again from the Ice Bar. Is it best to get a taxi? If so, is there a place to get one? Or is there public transport? How long does it take so we know how much time to allow ? Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Vasa Museum
Vasa Museum
26,591 Reviews
Stockholm, Sweden
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Grand Hotel
Grand Hotel
2,343 Reviews
Stockholm, Sweden
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
652 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation Questions

1)

There are definitely buses running on Sundays from Frihamnen and it takes about 15 minutes to Nordiska Museet / Vasamuseet.

Travel planner here

http://sl.se/en/

Also, on that page, there is a map, of Stockholm. Under the map, if you check the box, sales point, it will show the location of all the places that sell the SL tickets ( you cannot buy them on the bus).

(That, is a new feature on the SL web site that I haven't seen before).

2)

Vasamuseet - Gamla Stan

You can walk to Allmänna Gränd and take the Djurgårdsfärjan ferry to Slussen from there. Djurgårdsfärjan does not stop at Grand hotel.

Or, you can take the tram no 7 to Sergelst torg and take the T-bana or walk from there.

Or, you can walk the whole way along the sea front along Strandvägen.

3)

Gamla stan to the Ice bar.

yes, it is a short walk. you can take the T-bana from Gamla stan to T-centralen, if you happen to be close to the T-bana station when you end your walk in Gamla stan.

4)

There is public transport. T-bana to Karlaplan, then bus 1, or 76 from there. takes about 20 minutes.

The ice bar is close to the main Train station and bus stations, so there are plenty of places in the area to get a taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Grand Hotel
Grand Hotel
2,343 Reviews
Stockholm, Sweden
Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
964 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation Questions

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate it. Any maps of Stockholm are very helpful

Mentioned in this post
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
964 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation Questions

I meant to say that we would be there on Saturday. Are they running on Saturdays as well? The website is very helpful

London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation Questions

The 76 bus can take you from Frihamnen to Djurgårdsbron (the bridge which you cross to get to the Abba museum). On Saturdays it runs 9am, 9.30 am, 9.57am and then every 20 min from then.

Given that you are short of time, I would prebook a taxi instead. Taxi Kurir and Taxi Stockholm are reliable companies.

Mentioned in this post
Taxi Stockholm
Taxi Stockholm
74 Reviews
Stockholm, Sweden
Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
964 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation Questions

Thank you. That sounds like a good idea. Our ship docks at 8am.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation Questions

Be very attentive which taxi you take. Some taxi company can be very expensive. The major companys that you can rely on is Taxi Kurir, Taxi 020 and Taxi Stockholm. There are other companies that have similar name and logos to the major companies, e.g. "Taxi Stockholm" (good) and "Stockholm Taxi" (bad).

Every taxi is obliged to have a yellow sticker on the back doors that shows the price for a standard trip of 10 km. If the price on the sticker is over higher than SEK 350, avoid that taxi.

I don't know how the situation is at the ferry terminal in Frimhamnen, but at other terminals I have experienced that most of the taxis waiting for customers are expensive

Mentioned in this post
Taxi Stockholm
Taxi Stockholm
74 Reviews
Stockholm, Sweden
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
964 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation Questions

Thank you very much for your helpful information, sasv100. I will keep that in mind.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation Questions

We are flying into Stockholm from Berlin on Air Berlin, transferring onto Norwegian Airlines for a flight to Lulea. In 2005 we made this trip. I believe we checked our bags and got our boarding passes at Norwegian Airlines in the main terminal at Arlanda and then took a shuttle bus to a satellite for our flight. Is that the same procedure?

Mentioned in this post
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
9. Re: Transportation Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 05:15