We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm Card v Stockholm Pass / Package

London, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Stockholm Card v Stockholm Pass / Package

My Wife and I are off to Gothenburg and Stockholm (4 days in each) in a few weeks time. I've got the Gothenburg information covered but I've found some slightly conflicting information about the Stockholm Card / Pass / Package. I'm not interested in any accommodation part of these as I've already booked our hotel.

This ... www.destination-stockholm.com/citypass/

and this .. www.visitstockholm.com/en/stockholmcard/

are both on offer and are similarly priced but crucially for us, the city pass offers a free boat trip to Vaxholm and half price tickets on 'Cinderella' boats to the Archipelago.

However the offers are so similar, I wondered if they were actually the same thing and the information on the internet was wrong for one of them, or are they different products ?

Cheers in advance for any help!

Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,291 posts
586 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockholm Card v Stockholm Pass / Package

As far as I can see they are two different products, one issued by the Visitors Board, which is a run by Stockholm City, the other by a subsidiary to Strömma Canal which runs boat trips (that's why they have the Cinderella discount I guess).

London, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stockholm Card v Stockholm Pass / Package

Thanks. I have been in touch with both companies and they do seem to be different products.

California, USA
Level Contributor
6 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stockholm Card v Stockholm Pass / Package

I am also very confused by this. As far as I can tell, the two offer almost identical sightseeing. Differences seem to be that the pass is available in 2, 3, or 4 days, and the card in 1, 2, 3, or 5 days, and the pass includes more boats (e.g., boat to Drottningholm), while the card mostly offers discounts on boats. Also, the card can be mailed, but the pass has to be picked up in person. Has anyone actually used either of these cards? Which? Any problems? Because of the boat trip, I'm leaning toward the pass vs. the card.

London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stockholm Card v Stockholm Pass / Package

I have used the Card and was happy with it. But that doesn't mean the Pass couldn't be the better choice.

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stockholm Card v Stockholm Pass / Package

if you going to stockholm for 3 days which kind of travel card you prefer to buy ad which places to go for visit thanks for your help :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stockholm Card v Stockholm Pass / Package

How much is the Stockholm card?

It includes the canal tour, right?

Mjolby, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stockholm Card v Stockholm Pass / Package

@Pauline

See the link in the first post in this thread.

Canal tour is included.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stockholm Card v Stockholm Pass / Package

I'll be staying in Stockholm 1 day with my cruise trip in early July.

SEK525 for a Stockholm card would be too expensive for 7-8 hours in town, right?

I plan to join the free walking tour, the canal tour & walk around City hall, Gamla station....

Is that correct that I may as well just pay the canal tour @225?

Do I need to take ferry to Vasa Museum? How much?

Will it take long?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stockholm Card v Stockholm Pass / Package

I am also interested in finding out about this - going to Stockholm for 3 days (Juy 28-20) and unsure about the pass or card.

Chorley, Lancashire
Level Contributor
345 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stockholm Card v Stockholm Pass / Package

I'm watching with interest too!