We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel card in Stockholm

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
alabama
Level Contributor
541 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Travel card in Stockholm

Hi !

I would like to find out :

Is there a travel card available for tourist that he/she could enjoy some discounts when travelling in a bus/train that is similar to the Jojo card available in Malmo/Denmark and Skyss Card in Bergen,

Thank you for your replies.

Mjolby, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel card in Stockholm

There is the SL card for pretty much all public transportation in the Stockholm area; subway, trams, buses and even some of the waterways are covered. Have a look at:

http://sl.se/en/fares--tickets/

Scroll down to "Visitor Tickets" and then "Travel Cards". There are 24 hours, 72 hours or 7 days cards.

Very good value in general and even though Stockholm is nice to walk around there are quite some distances between attractions.

Edited: 10 June 2014, 06:16
alabama
Level Contributor
541 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel card in Stockholm

Hi La70,

Thank you so much for the se fares link, very good and informative..

I have a question here : With a travelcard, you can travel as much as you like throughout the county for the duration of the card. Travelcards are generally the best buy for a visitor who plans to use public transport regularly during the stay.

When it mentioned throughout the country ??? Does that cover : Mariefred , Nynäshamn, Uppsala , Orebro, Sigtuna etc etc.

Could u show me the link for the transport system for Zone A - C (zones map) ? That will give me a better idea, what kind of travel card I need during my stay in Stockholm.

Thank you so much.

Edited: 10 June 2014, 18:26
Mjolby, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel card in Stockholm

Here's a map for the public transportation system by rail:

sl.se/ficktid/…A5rtrafik.pdf

For some very strange reason the links for the zone maps are not published in the English pages.

Nynäshamn and Uppsala is covered by commuter train.

Sigtuna can be reached with a combination of train and bus, the map was not that explaining so I think the journey planner on the SL page is easier to use. Mariefred and Örebro is not covered.

It's a bit confusing but I hope this clarifies things somewhat :-)

alabama
Level Contributor
541 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel card in Stockholm

Thank you so much. Have a wonderful day. Will take a look later on ! Cheers !

alabama
Level Contributor
541 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel card in Stockholm

Hi La70 ,

I have a question here, I hope you could help me to sort this out !

I am planning to buy the travel cards during our stay in Stockholm. I am planning to visit Sigtuna and Uppsala. If I have a travel card, how do i pay the extra/difference fare for the train ride to Sigtuna and Uppsala from Skarholm T-bana stn?

Thank you so much. Have a lovely evening. Cheers !

alabama
Level Contributor
541 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel card in Stockholm

Hi !

I am so sorry, I got confuse with the Oslo and Stockholm transport system. May I ask, when I buy the 7 days travel card = 300 sek , is it cover all zones (including sigtuna ) .

Would appreciate if you could direct me to the link " 10 or 16 strip tickets" . Thank you so much !

Cheers !

Edited: 29 August 2014, 17:16
Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel card in Stockholm

I have told you already...

alabama
Level Contributor
541 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel card in Stockholm

Hi AndersE,

Thanks for the reply. So I take it as: the travel card for 7 days covers all zone in Stockholm ! That is very good..! I apologise for the inconveniences caused, as I need spoon feeding running out of time. I am now working and finalizing up my notes...will be in Oslo next Saturday. Thanks for your patience and kind understanding, Yeah, I got confuse with the Oslo transport system, where you need to specify whether you need a zone 1 or zone 2 travel card ! Have a lovely day. Cheers !

alabama
Level Contributor
541 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel card in Stockholm

Hi AnderSe,

FYI, my husband will be purchasing the 3 days Stockholm Card, and he is not sure whether he needs to buy the strip ticket or another 3 days travel card ???? As for myself, I need a 7 days travel Card, as there isn't a 5 days travel card available. !

Thanks... have a lovely day. Cheers !

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel card in Stockholm

The strip tickets are no longer avaliable.

I travel occasionally on SL.I use an SL card vith "reskassa".

Prepaid discounted tiickets on a blue card.

A trip Skärholmen-city costs 25 sek with thos card.

Compared to 115 for a 24 hour ticket.

Maybe better?