We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FREE walking tour

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
FREE walking tour

We'll be in Stockholm for 1 day in early July with our cruise trip & we'll probably be in town during 9am-4pm.

We would like to know the followings:

- When & where is the walking tour starts? appr. 3 hours?

- Where we could take the canal ride? How much?

I'm travelling with 2 seniors & they probably wouldn't walk that much.

- Heard that Vasa Museum is a must on the list, right?

- How much is the Stockholm card?

Is it worth for us to get the card for probably using in 7 hrs.

Thank you.

Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
568 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FREE walking tour

There is one starting at 10.00 at Sergels Torg (the wide stairs) every day. It takes 90 min. Re: Freetourstockholm.com.

The canal tour costs 225 and starts from Strömkajen, close to Grand Hotel. Takes 1.50 hours.

Wasa is definitely a must. Costs 130 sek.

I dont think you can make the card profitable in such a short time.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FREE walking tour

We'll be taking Royal Princess.

Is the dock far from the city?

Please advise how we can go to the wide stairs to join the free tour at 10am?

And, how long it may take? cause I'm taking 2 seniors with me.

Would love to hear from you again.

Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
568 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FREE walking tour

Royal Princess July 4th will be anchored in the inner harbour. You get access to the quay via motor bots.

My guess is they will let you off in the Old town. Its ca 1 km walk to Sergels torg. Follow the quay north, pass the Royal castle, cross the bridge and walk through the Kings Garden (Kungsträdgården). Turn left at the other end and folliow Hamngatan. After ca 100 m you have an open space which is reached via stairs. You have arrived.

There are plenty of buses along the quay but you have to buy your ticket before boarding.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FREE walking tour

WE are in stockholme 27th & 28th July on the ms eurodam holland american line

how do we get from port to vasa museum

to old town

to old markets ostremalus suluhall

to hetergshallen markets

regards Dianne

Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
568 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FREE walking tour

You will dock at Frihamnen which is in the northeastern part of the city.

For Wasa museum take bus no 76 direction towards Norra Hammarbyhamnen. Step off at Djurgårdsbron, walk across bridge and turn immediately right and follow signs. It's ca 200 m to walk.

For the Old Town you can take the same bus but get off at Slottsbacken (below Royal Castle). If you go from the Wasa museum you can either walk back to the bus or follow the water towards a ferry that crosses to the Old Town (Djurgårdsfärjan).

For Östermalms saluhall it's probably best to stick to the same bu2 76 but get off at Nybroplan and walk ca 200 m north along Nybrogatan. The market is on your left side as you enter Östermalmstorg.

For Hötorgshallen you can take blue bus no 1 direction Stora Essingen and get off at Hötorget. The market is on the square in front of you and the below the cinema you see on the other side of the square.

alabama
Level Contributor
626 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FREE walking tour

Hi Ugurd,

Sorry to jump in here, may I ask is there any discount for AAA membership card for the museum visit ? Just in case I may be interested one or 2 museums.. !

I am not sure I would be purchasing 2 Stockholm cards...mostly like will purchase 1 for my husband. As I am not a museum fan.

Thank you for your inputs and comments. Appreciated . Have a lovely evening. Cheers !

Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
568 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: FREE walking tour

If you mean Vasa and if you mean American Automobile Association, no reduction. According to home page only students and children are eligible.

alabama
Level Contributor
626 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FREE walking tour

Hi Ugurd,

So there is no discount for any place of interests in Scandi countries for American Automobile Associate ??

Thank you for your prompt reply...deeply appreciated !

Edited: 23 June 2014, 19:06
alabama
Level Contributor
626 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: FREE walking tour

Oops...sorry it is called American Automobile Association... thanks !

Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
568 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: FREE walking tour

Well now that's a bit hard to tell isn't it? I only answered for the Vasa museum. It would be easier if you checked on AAA homepage for that information. There are some international discounts as I understand from the info on the Swedish equivalent (M - Motormännen), e.g. Best Western hotels.