We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm derby

Poprad, Slovakia
4 posts
Save Topic
Stockholm derby

Some info about Stockholm derby on August? Anyone planned this "attraction"?

It is called the best derby of North Europe. Famous atmosphere, choreos...

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
582 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockholm derby

Are you talking about football? AIK - Djurgården on 13th of Aug?

You do in that case buy tickets here:

ticnet.se/event/…301287

It's played in Solna.

Poprad, Slovakia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stockholm derby

Hi. Yes exactly.

Hope it will be great match in Friends Arena.

Thanks for info.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
570 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stockholm derby

It will most probably be... AIK is in the head of (my team) Djurgården at the moment and there is always a lot of prestige.

The best team in Stockholm (Djurgården) against the best team in Solna (AIK).

Just bare in mind getting to Friends can be a bit of a pain in the back side.

Poprad, Slovakia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stockholm derby

Hi.

The derby matches has own rules everywhere. Doesn´t matter if you are at the top or you are last. You must win derby.

Do you have some useful info before derby? Just let me know.

Yes I know, yesterday Djurgarden won in Norrkoping, AIK beat Kalmar too.

Thanks for info.

Ekero, Sweden
Level Contributor
69 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stockholm derby

If you wanna feel the derby mode of the AIK fans, gather with them at Dick Turpin pub, close where the old stadium was located, close to Solna Centrum tube station. To the new arena its a short walk (less than 1km).

If you prefer more calm charging up, Restaurant Råshaga (Södra Långgatan) or Backstugan, both similar distance to the arena and very good.

Closest to the arena is Slagthusbolaget, a very good restaurant, but table booking is a must if you wanna eat.

Be in time for the game, visitation will take place of all spectators, no bottles or cans is allowed to bring in, but I think that is pretty normal.

Poprad, Slovakia
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stockholm derby

Thanks for perfect info.

I will try some pub, but the beer is really expensive in Stockholm. 10 euros or more?

What is swedish best beer?

Or AIK and Djurgarden have also own beers. :)

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
582 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stockholm derby

The only Swedish beer listed on their site is Falcon Export. Don\t know the prices in that pub, but I'd expect to pay about 4-7 euro for that kind of beer.

Ekero, Sweden
Level Contributor
69 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stockholm derby

right 4-7 euro for the normal house beer, more fancy ones IPA, Pale Ale, and so on, comes from microbreweries all around stockholm and sweden, they cost from 8-10 euro.

Usually on the match day, its some match day special with some food+beer.

Good to know is also, that Beer inside the arena is only 2.8% alcohol due to law.

For the best experience choose North side (for AIK fan crowd) or south side (for Djurgården fan cows)

For best view the long side a bit in the middle as always, but also most expensive.

Ekero, Sweden
Level Contributor
69 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stockholm derby

If you are a gang of fans and wanna meet the local fans for a beer or two, you might wanna contact the fan clubs for more help, for AIK - http://www.blackarmy.se or http://smokinglirarna.se (fans from Costa Rica was visiting the last game to cheer for Celso Borges) :-)

10. Re: Stockholm derby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:15