We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tram to Vasa Museum in September

White Pl
Level Contributor
12 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Tram to Vasa Museum in September

Is the tram to the Vasa museum running on a daily basis in September? I read somewhere that for September, the tram runs only on the weekends and holidays. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks.

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,038 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tram to Vasa Museum in September

HPNTraveller,

i was there in an early Sept last year and i had no problems with any of the trams or busses anywhere i went. Some of the them have short(er) hours on the weekends, but it didnt stop me from going where i wanted to go.

depending on where you will be coming from, Stockholm was in my opinion a walk-able city.

good luck and enjoy the VASA.

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tram to Vasa Museum in September

Yes sadly only weekend traffic after august 30.

But there are plenty of other ways to get there!

White Pl
Level Contributor
12 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tram to Vasa Museum in September

Thank you all for the replies.

So I guess it's either a) the ferry from Slussen and a 10-min walk to the museum, or b) use Bus 44. Unless I'm missing some other ways? (other than taxi :-)

Thanks again.

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tram to Vasa Museum in September

Where does your trip start?

White Pl
Level Contributor
12 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tram to Vasa Museum in September

We are on a group tour that will have an included Old Town/City Hall tour in the morning (Thur. 11-Sept) and free time in the afternoon. So, thinking of spending it at the Vasa and Skansen.

Was planning to go from City Hall to Sergels Torg for lunch and then catch the tram. Since the tram won't be running on Thursday, any suggestions will be appreciated..

Thanks!

Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,198 posts
575 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tram to Vasa Museum in September

There seems to be a misunderstanding here. The old trams stop running daily (7N from Norrmalmstorg) but the ordinary Spårväg city modern trams run as usual i.e. daily from Sergels torg (line 7). The old museum carriages are run by a separate company, SS, Stockholms Spårvägar.

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tram to Vasa Museum in September

Oh thanks Ugurd! I found it strange myself! I have seen them in the winter!

Your plan is perfect!

White Pl
Level Contributor
12 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tram to Vasa Museum in September

Thank you Ugurd and AndersE - really appreciate your help!

...and thank you TripAdvisor for providing this forum with destination experts who help us plan our vacations.

Ekero, Sweden
Level Contributor
69 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tram to Vasa Museum in September

a suggestion for lunch at Sergels torg, only place I can think of is the top cafe/restaurant in 'Kulturhuset. Be aware that around 12 the Lunch places are rather busy, better to take lunch at 13.00 or so.

White Pl
Level Contributor
12 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tram to Vasa Museum in September

Thank you for the suggestion - will keep that in mind. This will also give us a chance to see what the locals eat for lunch and follow their lead :-)