We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobile Data for a week

Thessaloniki, Greece
4 posts
Save Topic
Mobile Data for a week

Hello,

I will be going to Stockholm for a week, and would need to have internet wherever I go on my phone. I got across http://www.touristsim.com/en/products/sweden/ but I can't put trust on shipping to Europe, as post office here isn't operating until 23rd or longer.

As I will arrive in Skavsta Airport, is there any place there that I can get a mobile data pre-paid plan or I will have to go to Stockholm ?

Appreciate any help/tips!

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobile Data for a week

You should be able to get a comviq prepaid SIM card from any Pressbyrån newsagent. There's one in the departure hall at Skavsta and plenty in Stockholm.

Thessaloniki, Greece
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mobile Data for a week

Thanks for your help ! Hopefully I will manage to find a Pressbyrån newsagent in the departure hall

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mobile Data for a week

Try keepgo. If you have twitter try @attore. They are awesome! We used them for two trips to Europe. I understand also that there is lots of free wifi in Stockholm and am counting on it for my trip there in September

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
582 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mobile Data for a week

I looked at keepgo and the quoted price there. They are way more expensive than the local providers. E.g. Keepgo quoted me 759 kr for 100 MB/day in 15 days, plus 113 kr for shipping. That gives a total of 872 kr ($119). Telia, a local provider, and not the cheapest one, has a prepaid simcard loaded with 5 GB of data, valid for 6 months for 299 kr ($43). A prepaid simcard with 3 GB of data, valild for 7 days is sold for 99 kr ($14).

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mobile Data for a week

Hi WhitsEnd2014!

Yes you are right, there is lots of free wifi in Stockholm. For example at the Central station, in the shopping malls Gallerian and MOOD and of course in many cafés. Not to forget, also at Stockholm Visitor Center at Sergels Torg 3. Welcome to Stockholm!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mobile Data for a week

In my experience, KeepGo is a scam. If your SIM card works, great. You are only paying a large markup. For me, I received a card that did not work, was asked to prove my card did not work in another phone, and only then, would KeepGo activate the reserve SIM card I had in hand in 48 hours! Having already starting my vacation, this was an absurd request, and smelling a scam, I purchased a working SIM card locally for a quarter of the price. My refund from KeepGo came back minus a $30 "service" fee. My opinion is this company is misrepresenting itself and intentionally pocketing money for all those failed cards.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mobile Data for a week

Pressbyrå outlets are easy to find. You'll see it. Just explain to the sales clerk what you need and you will get a few options to chose from.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mobile Data for a week

KeepGo is now my favorite!

I just finished a call with the CEO of KeepGo. My complaint was escalated and David took a real interest in my experience. Apparently the SIM card I was using for Germany was creating issues for many other customers too. They've removed that product from their offerings and I'll be using a KeepGo WiFi device for our next trip. Having used a WiFi device before while in Japan with great success, I think it's a safer bet than the SIM cards. I look forward to trying out KeepGo again on our next trip!

London, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mobile Data for a week

I would buy a pay-as-you-go card locally because it is a lot cheaper. Comviq is one cellular operator. I would check Telenor, Telia and 3 as well in order to get most download for the buck.

10. Re: Mobile Data for a week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2016, 07:17