We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport at Christmas

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Public transport at Christmas

Hi there,

I'm visiting Stockholm from 23-27 December and was wondering what the public transport is like during this time. I'm looking into staying further out of the city and travelling in by train, is this possible?

Thank you in advance,

Laura

Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
541 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport at Christmas

In my experience it should be running according to normal time tables for Sundays and holidays. If not there may be a few trains less than usual. What do you mean by further out? Outside of Stockholm county (the area of the local transport authority SL)? Traveling a bit further out from Stockholm you will find the trains very crowded or even full on the 23rd since many people will be leaving for relatives in other parts of Sweden.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport at Christmas

I was looking at a cabin in Botkyrka, Stockholm County, but haven't booked it yet. I've never been to Sweden before so I'm a little unsure!

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport at Christmas

Botkyrka is still within Stockholm county, meaning SL (the local public transit authority) serve the area. Metro, commuter trains, buses and trams will operate the entire Christmas, but as @Ugurd wrote, lines will see Sunday services the 25–27 December, meaning reduced frequencies.

It's not like in London (all of UK?) – we're not closing all public transportation because of the holidays.

Edited: 20 August 2014, 12:59
Huddinge...
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport at Christmas

The 23 is count as day before Saturday, the 24 runs as a Saturday with limited traffic.

5. Re: Public transport at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 05:17