We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September 10 days - food suggestions - special events?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
September 10 days - food suggestions - special events?

I am traveling to Stockholm for 10 days in early September. I will be traveling on a budget - staying in 2 hostels. I have read many threads and intend to have simple breakfasts, lunches out, and cook most dinners in. I know there are lots of lunch options- do you have favorites? I also found one Diners Club food cart happening and am looking forward to that.

I am interested in experiencing as much of Swedish life as possible. I am interested in whether there are any special events/ cultural events/ concerts/ food festivals/ etc going on in Stockholm during September 4-14?

Thank you!

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September 10 days - food suggestions - special events?

Gro ( http://www.grorestaurang.se ) and Smörgåstårteriet ( http://smorgastarteriet.se/english/ ) are two places with modern Scandinavian cuisine and good lunch deals around 100 SEK.

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September 10 days - food suggestions - special events?

By the way, the Diners Club food cart thing sounds really nice. Haven't heard about it before, but the chef they've hired to create the dishes for them is very well known here – running two Michelin star restaurants in Stockholm.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September 10 days - food suggestions - special events?

Awesome! Thank you for the specific restaurant suggestions.

I am really excited about Diners Club cart. I think it should be fantastic.

I also signed up for a women's running race and am considering the 1/2 marathon also.... So I will need calories!

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: September 10 days - food suggestions - special events?

Hi WhitsEnd2014, Thanks for posting about the Diners Club Cart/Truck. I will arrive on Thursday and will seek that out as well. I have a few other places in mind as well.. Wine Importer and Foodie at heart so I am on the lookout as well.. Knackis at Nystekt Stromming(Fried Herring Sandwich), Kajsas Fisk (Fish Soup), Kvaren (Beer Hall, and Good Brunch or Lunch).. Let me know what you think of these spots.. Safe Travels

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: September 10 days - food suggestions - special events?

And to add: Hermitage (Vegetarian Buffet) for Lunch in the Old Town

6. Re: September 10 days - food suggestions - special events?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 05:15