We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Linkoping in January

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Linkoping in January

Hi

I am visiting Linkoping with a friend on 3rd January for a few days and wondering what will be available to do given that it is January and winter. We would like to go for a walk in the forest or will this not possible. I wondered was there any iceskating or ice fishing available anywhere. We want to do typical swedish activities and we are quite into food so any recommendations for good Swedish restaurants would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

4 replies to this topic
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
440 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Linkoping in January

The temperature in early January is around 0 degrees C. There is no guarantee for snow or ice. If the weather is steadily below zero, there are probably iced public football pitches for skating.

Mjolby, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Linkoping in January

As Thore says the weather could be quite mild.

There are indeed several places to go for iceskating. Check out this link:

translate.google.com/translate…

However, you will need to bring your own skates. Can't find any info that skates are available for rent.

Winter time in Linköping is pretty dull I'm afraid.

A nice place to go for walks are the Old Town (gamla Linköping) and the Valla area. Valla is a small forest area adjacent to the Old Town. One of the iceskating facilities are located there as well.

When it comes to food the area around Ågatan is loaded with pubs and restaurants.

Best regards

Jörgen

Ludvika, Sweden
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Linkoping in January

A visit to Gamla Linköping is nice any time of the year and the cathedral might not be the most impressive you have ever seen but it do have a lot of interesting details.

When it comes to a walk in the forest there is a very beautiful oak forest to the south of Linköping, but the best parts are not easily available unless you have a car. If you have I suggest you take a trip to Bjärka Säby. There you have in a small area not only the oak forest, but also a beautiful lake, a small river and two old castles.

Restaurants serving genuinely swedish food are rare, but you can try Hagdahls Kök in the county museum (www.hagdahls.se).

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Linkoping in January

Thanks all for your tips. Very much looking forward to it

Reply to: Linkoping in January
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Linkoping