We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For the budget traveller

Which Nykoping hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
For the budget traveller

I used Nycoping as a base purely for financial reasons.

The local bus stop is a couple of hundred yards to the left as you exit the Airport, by the time i had smoked a cigarette the bus arrived, i bought a 100Sek (£9) card using my debit card from the driver (each journey costs 22Sek), the journey to Nycoping bus terminal took about 15 mins, there is a cash card machine right outside the bus station no fee.

I stayed at the Ibis on the outskirts of town £92 for 2 nights, i caught the train, an easy 10 walk from the bus station in the morning, i bought my train tickets on line, a return to Stockholm £12.42 and a return to Norrkoping £9.85, about 1 month previously.

As i only had the one day in Stockholm i bought a ticket for the under the bridges boat tour £17, the trip takes about 1.50hrs and it was one of my best decions, it was October and it was definitely getting a bit nippy walking around Stockholm, the guards outside the palace looked misreable and bloody freezing he he, the next day i jumped onto the train to Norrkoping, if you walk down to your immediate right you will see a small shop where you can buy another 100Sek ticket for the bus to Soderkoping, the busstation is just past this on the right.

The 100Sek will cover your return journey, and a tram journey, from Soder tull back to the train station.

When you get to Soderkoping and cross the canal there is a nature trail and you will find yourself in the middle of a forest, what a contrast to Stockholm central train station jeez i could live without going there again.

When you have walked for a few hours a kebab from the pizza place in the middle of Soderkoping is spot on and good value.

Well there you go, an alternative to staying in an expensive hotel in Stockholm for 2 days, and i have earned £40 of my next stay at an Accor hotel.

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For the budget traveller

Great to hear from someone who can go someplace outside the city limits.

I like Söderköping myself and often takes a break there when driving to the south of Sweden.

Gavle, Sweden
Level Contributor
645 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For the budget traveller

Thanks for sharing your budget tips, I'm sure others will find them useful!

/sun

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For the budget traveller

Oops eh, the shop and busstation at Norrkoping is on the left as you walk out of the train station in other words its just down a bit on the same side of the road.

4. Re: For the budget traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2010, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Nykoping