We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uppsala to ARN airport

Which Uppsala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Topic
Uppsala to ARN airport

Hello, I will be staying at Clarion Gillet Hotel at Uppsala. How do I get to the airport? Thanks.

Chino Hills...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

Thank you again!

Chino Hills...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

Thank you again!

Edited: 07 June 2013, 22:34
UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

Hi

The info you provide is useful. When you say we can pay by card on the yellow buses, does that mean credit card, or a special bus card?

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

Credit card!

Or buy tickets at the UL center at Uppsala Central station

Uppsala, Sweden
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

I will only show how nice Uppsala is :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbujH0Qp1J0

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

Hello, I am seeking transportation for the early morning from Uppsala to ARN airport. I just noticed something. If you purchase the SL ticket Uppsala to ARN its about 140-160 SEK, however if you purchase the same ticket to Stockholm its around 80 SEK. This is for an advance purchase for early September Travel. I understand that you need tp pay a fee at ARN once you get off the train(not sure what the fee costs) However, does the Upsalla to ARN train include that fee? If not, why not just purchase the ticket from Uppsala to Stockholm for around 80SEK and get off at ARN? Seems like a good savings. Is this allowed? Thanks and Safe Travels

Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
2,876 posts
539 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

The extra fee is included in the first ticket. You wont get out of the station at Arlanda without having paid the extra fee.

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

If you are not in a hurry skip the train and take the airport bus 801 from Uppsala to Arlanda. Then you wont have to pay the entrance fee! Takes 45 minutes instead of 19.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
216 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

Hi, similar question. I'm in Uppsala and will need to get to Arlanda on Tuesday.

1. question: I found some prices for the bus on the website ul.se, and they are for adult "travel funds" 60kr, prepaid 81 and on board 105kr. Can someone tell me what travel funds is? And where to buy prepaid ticket? There are also prices for youth - how old is still youth?

2. question: is there a rush hour to be expected, if I leave Uppsala around 17h?

Thank you!

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

"Travel funds", in Swedish, Reskassa is a prepaid card system for those who travel fairly often.

You buy the prepaid ticket in ticket machines, or in UL travel office in the central station.

Youth is below 20.

17 is rush hour but its a very mild one in Uppsala!

Get answers to your questions about Uppsala