We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting places on the tram

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
74 reviews
Interesting places on the tram

So we have a 3 day pass burning a hole in our pocket. Any ideas of a good place to go outside city centre. Cool neighbourhood? End of line?

Cheers

5 replies to this topic
Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
87 reviews
1. Re: Interesting places on the tram

Take the tram to Saltholmen and a ferry to one of the islands in the southern archipelago, all included in the 3 day pass.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
74 reviews
2. Re: Interesting places on the tram

Yes, we're doing that on Sunday I hope-weather permitting. I was thinking more of cool (?) neighbourhoods like Hisingen which we may check out tonight.

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
87 reviews
3. Re: Interesting places on the tram

Not sure what you are looking for but Haga and the area around Linnégatan are nice places. As well as the Röda sten area. And the river ferries (Älvsnabben) are a nice way to see the city from the water.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
868 posts
49 reviews
4. Re: Interesting places on the tram

You can go to Lindholmen or Eriksberg on Hisingen, an area redeveloped from shipbuilding to residential and commercial area. The area adjacent west of Backaplan, north of Vågmaäterplatsen (also on Hisingen) is newly developed, three are an handfull restaurants in the area, if you head south of Vågmästareplatsen just across the street from the Polica station there's a really good Vietnamese restaurant called Duy-Tan, don't let the exterior scare you off, it's legit and well visited by the ethnic Vietnamese population in Gothenburg.

EK

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Interesting places on the tram

I would recommend a visit to universeum. Close to Liseberg. I'll show you some pictures on https://www.citygbg.nu/museum/universeum.php

Regarding Hisingen I beleive you could go by bus to Eriksdal and then take a short walk to the old Bohus fortress. You'll see it from the busstop. If you use google maps you'll see it on https://goo.gl/maps/F5zjiryWGmn .

Reply to: Interesting places on the tram
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gothenburg
Recent Conversations