We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple in Gothenburg 26-31 December 2007

Northern Ireland
12 posts
Save Topic
Couple in Gothenburg 26-31 December 2007

Hi folks...

I have a few queries that perhaps some of you may be able to help me sort out.

Planning to head to Gothenburg on 26th dec with G/F for a few days however i have a few concerns...while it be beautiful and "christmassy" at this time? I understand that a lot of the christmas markets etc end on or before 24th. Is there much to so in the few days between christmas and new year. Has anyone any suggestions on activities or sughts to take in for those few days? We are pretty much open to suggestions, however, we are not the artsy, cultured, gallery types, nor are we the get drunk party type, simply looking for a nice romantic few days away, somewhere cold, relaxed and christmassy.

We'd appreciate any suggestion of activities or sights, and also a heads up about any concerns about travelling there at this time in December.

Many many thanks in advance!

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couple in Gothenburg 26-31 December 2007

Hi

About the weather, you never know these days it may be snow or it may be rain. Gothenburg is in the south of Sweden so it doesn get that much snow usually.

Look at this site for ideas of what to do; http://www.goteborg.com/default.aspx?id=528

I hope you have a great time.

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Couple in Gothenburg 26-31 December 2007

It was snowing last year around Christmas time in Gothenburg. Its pretty cold at the moment here but not snowing. I'd recommend going to somewhere further North in Sweden but around Christmas getting anywhere will be a problem as everyone will be on holidays.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
629 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couple in Gothenburg 26-31 December 2007

You might want to check out this website, www.goteborg.com/templates/Page.aspx?id=23019

It looks as if most of the christmas markets, events etc are over by then...

The 26th is kind of a homecoming day, when people living out of town return to see theri friends and party. Most shops etc are open 27th to 31th, as a lot of sales start then.

If you want snow you don't have to travel far from Gothenburg, one hour heading north is usually enough.

bristol
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couple in Gothenburg 26-31 December 2007

hi, we are off to boras, about 50kms east of gothenburg on the 28th dec to spend new year with family, we have been for christmas in 2005 and were very lucky to have alot of snow , we visited Ulriceham , they have ski slopes and i am reliable informed if there is no snow at christmas they make it. We are all novices and had a great day as its not to challaging. Also try to get out of town and take some walks in the forest, The swedes love to take some food and light a fire (in designated areas ) and have a winter bbq, its great fun in sun or snow. What ever you do i know you will have a lovely time , The Swedish are really freindly and its not as expensive as it was 5 or 6 years ok !!!

5. Re: Couple in Gothenburg 26-31 December 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 18:20
Get answers to your questions about Gothenburg