We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Just wondered if Gothenburg has been having fine weather recently like much of the rest of Europe? I'm not due to travel until next month but can I expect a reasonable amount of sunshine?

Pahoa. HI
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Yes, it's been hot in Gothenburg as well. But when it comes to expectations for next month, you just never know. They don't even know what kind of weather they'll have next week!

The definition of Swedish summer: unpredictable!

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

So is it just rainwear or should we pack "winter woollies" as well? Does it really get that cold?

Pahoa. HI
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Just got back from Sweden a few hours ago. Was there for a week (southern part of Sweden). Low to mid 80s for the most part and sunny. I.e. around +26C to +28C. Then it cooled off a bit for the last 2 days, dropping a couple of degrees Celsius. You won't need any winter woollies in August, but it could be windy and overcast and around 58F-60F/+15C. Sunny and hot is a possibility, but a bit more unlikely. Just never know...

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Thanks, Hawaiipalms. Very helpful. Must have taken some degree (pardon the pun) of acclimatisation for you, bearing in mind average temperatures in your neck of the woods!

5. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 05:16