We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Approximate Costs

Which Gothenburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Approximate Costs

I've seen some references to rather expensive eating and drinking locations and just wondered if some kind person could give an idea of the price of a beer (pint or bottle), a spirit (eg gin with tonic) and a reasonable meal for two. In that way, I can guage how much money to take for a 5-day trip. Thanks

Gavle, Sweden
Level Contributor
645 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Approximate Costs

Hi Johnboy, average price at restaurants in Sweden for a bottle of beer would be about 45 kronor (3,75£) and for a gin/tonic about 85 kronor (7£). Have a good trip!

Pahoa. HI
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Approximate Costs

Many restaurants have good deals for lunch: around SEK 80 or so. Dinner as a rule more expensive.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Approximate Costs

Thaanks for the info folks. I now have a better idea what to take.

4. Re: Approximate Costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2010, 06:16