We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to the hotel from the airport

South England
Level Contributor
71 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to the hotel from the airport

Hi

My wife is traveling to Gothenburg city airport and is staying at Spar Garda which I gather is near a convention centre.

What are the different ways may wife could get to the hotel from the airport i.e. tram, taxi, train etc.

What are the costs and time it takes.

Thanks in advance

Göteborg, Sweden
Level Contributor
133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to the hotel from the airport

She can either take a taxi from the airport. According to the airport web site it shuld cost 320 SEK. The other option is the flightbus which cost 60 SEK one way and takes about 25 min to the city center central bus station called Nils Ericssonterminalen. From there she will have to walk to Centralstationen Drottningtorget (perhaps 300 meters) and take bus number 60 to Vagnhallen Gårda (about two minutes walk to the hotel from there ) or if she doesn't have much luggage she can take tram number 1 or 3 to Svingeln and walk from there.(perhaps 5 min). www.flygbussarna.se/Default.aspx?lang=EN

It is hard to describe the walk from the tram and from the bus to the hotel. If you go to this page http://kartor.eniro.se/ and write the address of the hotel: Norra Kustbanegatan 15 you will get a good map of the area. The tram station at Svingeln is clearly marked with an S. The bus station is at Anders Personsgatan close to the crossing with J Sigfid Edströms gata.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
678 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to the hotel from the airport

I would rather take buss #60 from Centralstationen (adjacent to the Nils Ericsson buss depot) and get of at the stop Vagnhallen Gårda, then cross the street, turn left and then be at the hotel.

If she decides on TAXI I would choose Mini-Taxi, since they have a depot close to the hotel.

EK

3. Re: How to get to the hotel from the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2010, 06:16