We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 Month Trip to Goteborg, Sweden

Which Gothenburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North West England...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
6 Month Trip to Goteborg, Sweden

Hi,

I've been going to Goteborg ever since i was a child as a sort of annual holiday with my Dad. I'm 20 now and have decided that i want to see what it's like to live there as i have nothing worth staying for where i live now.

I've always enjoyed being in Goteborg and in my opinion, there is nothing more depressing than leaving Goteborg and coming back to London Stansted :(.

Im planning on going out there some time at the start of May for 6 or so months. I'm ok for accomodation as my uncle lives in Goteborg and has offered me a place at his home. Does anyone have any advice or info for me such as a safe amount of money needed, jobs going, travel advice etc?

I am not fussy when it comes to jobs and i have heard that bar work is a popular choice during the summer months. My Swedish is very very basic and limited to a few words and sentences but im eager to learn it. Does barwork require an extensive amount of Swedish?

Fab

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
675 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 Month Trip to Goteborg, Sweden

Finding job will be difficult; the young adult unemployment rate is > 25%. I would look at the English pubs in Gothenburg and see if they have any temporary vacancies.

But I guess that since you're a native English speaker there would be no problem at all working any pub/bar as long as you master som basic Swedish, at least be able to understand not to speak.

EK

2. Re: 6 Month Trip to Goteborg, Sweden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2010, 05:23