We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam to Göteborg...

Which Gothenburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam
5 posts
Save Topic
Amsterdam to Göteborg...

I am student in Amsterdam the Netherlands. I would like to travel to Göteborg...Sweden by rail. Which would be the best options for me as to times and fares etc

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
655 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam to Göteborg...

I would consider flying between Amsterdam and Gothenburg, a rail trip would include too many stops and change of trains.

EK

TheHague
Level Contributor
928 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam to Göteborg...

There's an overnight train from Amsterdam to Copenhagen, change trains there I think for a direct train to Gothenburg.

Personally I'd fly to Copenhagen with KLM, SAS, Transavia or Norwegian.no (fares are very low on this highly competitive route) and take the train from there, but I think it wouldn't be much more to fly direct with KLM.

Another alternative is to fly to Oslo with SAS (also quite cheap) and take a direct train from there.

Amsterdam
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdam to Göteborg...

Thanks thats what I also thought after looking at all the other options but coming from Africa flying is not really the in thing so my first thoughts were trains and buses. But hey I can learn new things

Thanks

Amsterdam
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Amsterdam to Göteborg...

Thanks thats what I also thought after looking at all the other options but coming from Africa flying is not really the in thing so my first thoughts were trains and buses. But hey I can learn new things

Thanks hey

Stenungsund
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amsterdam to Göteborg...

I think KLM has daily direct flights from Amsterdam to Gothenburg.

6. Re: Amsterdam to Göteborg...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2010, 05:17