We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uniquely Swedish gift ideas

Level Contributor
123 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Uniquely Swedish gift ideas

We are going to be in Sweden later this week and I have one last question... Do you have any tips on gifts I can purchase in Sweden that wouldn't be found everywhere else? I am hoping to pick up several Christmas gifts and I would appreciate any ideas on what to look for! Of course, I will need things that I can carry home (so no furniture) and we'll be looking in the ~$30-50 range (~200-400 SEK).

Thanks again.

New York
Level Contributor
321 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uniquely Swedish gift ideas

I brought home some traditional wooden trays with various designs, which are easy to find (museum gift stores are a good source), and they were very popular. Textiles such as table linens and handmade ceramic pieces are also nice.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
643 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uniquely Swedish gift ideas

The Gothenburg city museum, http://www.stadsmuseum.goteborg.se/, close to Brunnsparken has a nice museum store with lots of different things.

Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,729 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uniquely Swedish gift ideas

I brought home lots of Swedish textiles (table runners, tablecloths, etc.) as they are easy to pack and carry. I like the other poster's suggestion of museum gift stores as places to shop. I was happily surprised by the gift shop at the Natural History Museum, they had a good selection of Swedish gifts, jewelry and gifts for children. Another great shop is Design Torget, which carries all types of Swedish-designed items for the home and for kids at reasonable prices. They are in Gothenburg and several other cities.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
4. Re: Uniquely Swedish gift ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2011, 06:30