We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Touring Sweden and want to do wildlife safaris

united kingdom
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Touring Sweden and want to do wildlife safaris

We arrive at Nykoping (5 Aug) and tour down towards Gothenburg for several days visiting Ulricehaam and coastal areas but want to include some nature/outdoor activities such as a beaver or brown bear safari. I have read about PAN Park Fulufjallet but do not know if it is too far to travel by car. We have to be back to Nykoping to fly back to UK on 15 Aug. Is there anywhere closer to Gothenburg area than Fulufjallet? Has anyone been on one of these safaris? They seem quite expensive at 1750SEK each as there are 4 of us. Are they worth while? Does anyone know of a reliable and interesting guide?

Segway Adventure
Other Fun & Games, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Segway Tours, Equipment Hire
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
98 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Touring Sweden and want to do wildlife safaris

You don't need a guide to see beavers. If you know where they are (ask around) you simply go there.

And brown bears are very hard to find – even with a reliable guide.

Best Safari in Sweden is in Kolmården (not far from Nyköping).

Not only do they have beavers and bears. They have all kinds of animals.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Touring Sweden and want to do wildlife safaris

Sven-Bjorn, I can't thank you enough!!! I have been thinking how to pay 1700 x 4 for each of us to enjoy a safari in Malingsbo-Klotens. I am so looking forward to seeing Sweden - just sorry that I missed the solstice!

Thank you!

Falun, Sweden
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Touring Sweden and want to do wildlife safaris

The best site for wildlife watching is WildSweden.com

Moose (Elk), Beaver, Brown Bear, Wolf, Owls and more.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Touring Sweden and want to do wildlife safaris

i see that the wildlife tours can be quite expensive, how easy is it t just look around for animals in vasterland without a guide/?

5. Re: Touring Sweden and want to do wildlife safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 January 2016, 11:05
London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Touring Sweden and want to do wildlife safaris

thanks for your advice, i think i will be driving into vasterland from gotheburg and looking for wildlife while camping

7. Re: Touring Sweden and want to do wildlife safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Gothenburg