We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gothenburg 'Goteborg' for NYE 2012?

Lincoln, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Topic
Gothenburg 'Goteborg' for NYE 2012?

I have booked flights and a Hotel in Gothenburg for 29 Dec 2012 - 02 Jan 2013; and would love for someone to let me know what I can expect around NYE and if booking is required for restaurants etc during that period?

I'm going with 1 friend and we will be clubbing, so any information on that would be good too?

Thanks Nick

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
773 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gothenburg 'Goteborg' for NYE 2012?

I would recommend reservation; most Swedish tend to attend private parties for NYE. But there are a few restaurants/clubs that offer NYE packages; I never experience a night out NYE, except from the Millennia NYE where almost the entire city gathered around Götaplatsen for the new Millennia.

Actually I recall that my father in law and his wife go out on restaurants for NYE, but I don't think they frequent the same places you would prefer.

EK

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
38 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gothenburg 'Goteborg' for NYE 2012?

There are plenty of clubs open on new years eve, they get crowded after twelve. This is one of the nights where the main clubland: Avenyn have the most to offer.

Most are open to 3 but there are some open to 5.

As Erikderek says, there are a limited supply of restaurants open and they require booking. some larger clubs have a whole night offer, with supper and club included.

3. Re: Gothenburg 'Goteborg' for NYE 2012?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 23:19