We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion for travel

pune
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestion for travel

HI

Please suggest me some good option to visit around gothenborg for 4-5 days. I want to visit this month end during Easter holidays .I wanted to visit munich or paris but due to holidays flights prices are high and it is not in my budget. Please suggest some good options

thanks

regards

Pankaj

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
615 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestion for travel

It very much depends on you interests. What do you want to do or see?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestion for travel

The area immediately north of Göteborg called Bohuslän has a lot of lovely villages and coastal scenery : http://www.vastsverige.com/en/Bohuslan/

Marstrand is probably the best example; usually, there´s a little direct boat in the season from Göteborg, organized by the Börjessons company. Alternatively, take the bus.

Other favourite places of mine are Fjällbacka and the tiny Gullhollmen.

For public transport in the region, use http://www.vasttrafik.se/en/

In general, it is not very expensive.

You might-might consider renting a bike for a bit of local sightseeing too.

Edited: 09 March 2013, 07:21
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestion for travel

Sorry, I overlooked that you were going this month. Then there probably isn´t a direct boat to Marstrand and the possibilities of bicycling are reduced. Easter might mean a little more general touristy activity though, compared to the rest of March. Accomodation might be scarce, but check out www.booking.com or the local mentioned site.

Still, it is definitely a spectacular area, so enjoy your trip!

Edited: 09 March 2013, 08:59
pune
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestion for travel

Thanks a lot for your reply...I will go to this place..but for easter I was planning for some long trip ..I am thinking to go to france and a bit of germany...Is 7 days enough for the trip ....if yes suggest me some cheap good hostels in france

pune
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestion for travel

HI

I am more interested in scenery and historical places in europe...I am thinking of france or italy...mostly I will go to france...

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestion for travel

For cheap flights, check out a budget airline like www.norwegian.com There´s a route map at the bottom of the page showing direct flights. Or use flight comparison sites like www.momondo.com

Of course it is possible to get a reasonable impression of a place if you have 7 days, but don´t include to many different overnight stays - from 1 to 3, in my opinion.

For cheap accomodation, check out the price listing options of sites like www.booking.com (mainly hotels), www.hostelworld.com, www.hostels.com and www.hostelbookers.com.

I have been staying in a lot of places in France, but it has been on campsites and hotels, very rarely in hostels. In France, I´d recommend Nice and the French Riviera district as well as Paris and its surroundings in particular, if you haven´t been there. Climate-wise, the French Riviera is warmer, of course, and it has a lot of cultural sights too.

Edited: 11 March 2013, 22:16
pune
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestion for travel

HI

Thanks for the guidance .

I have booked my tickets through ryan airlines. I am going to marseille. I will reach there on 27th night around 10:00-11:00 PM .If you have idea about that area then can you suggest me any budget hotel near by and also how to reach there.

I saw the ibis budget hotel there but it was fully booked.

I have three days to spend there in nice,french reviera ,french grand canyon and then may be a day in alps and then go to paris and stay there for 3 days and return journey on 3rd april .

please suggest me what should be the best way to do this

Thanks

Pankaj

8. Re: Suggestion for travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 March 2013, 13:54
Edited: 14 March 2013, 13:54
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestion for travel

Hi,

a good place to check out accomodation options is www.booking.com - please remark that they have a price listing option. Also the more complicated www.hostels.com and www.hostelbookers.com for cheap hostels, some of them with single rooms.

Since you will be arriving relatively late in Marseille, make sure that the chosen accomodation is near good public transportation from the airport.

There are so many interesting places in the region, partly depending on your own interests, that I suggest that you post on the Tripadvisor Provence Forum and also try to get a good deal of information via websites/travelguides to decide what you want to see.

The same multitude of sights applies to Nice and the Riviera. There are tons of museums, especially art museums, old villages, beaches, natural scenery etc. nearby. But when in Nice, take a small walk to the top of hill above the harbour to get a better impression of the city. I´d also go on an excursion eastwards towards Monaco, Menton and maybe Eze.

There are local trains running along the coast and some buses. But concerning the Grand Canyon /Gorges du Verdon, it´s maybe too complicated to go there by public transport, perhaps join an organized excursion. It´s outside the tourist season though, so maybe the aren´t that many; one is www.tours-in-provence.com/english/verdon.html

For something a bit off-the-beaten track, a personal favourite of mine regarding wild scenery is the Roya Valley, which has a direct train from Nice. Particularly the mountain village of Saorge, about 1/2 hour walk via road from the Fontan-Saorge train station. It is non-touristy, only with a couple of shops and cafes, but spectacular and unique. It could be combined with another place in the Roya Valley, or be a destination for a 1/2 day excursion on a busy day. But winter won´t be over, so there might be snow and a certain roughness to the scenery there.

I usually use www.bahn.com for train schedules; it´s a German site but very practical and reliable. The French railways also have a site, http://www.sncf.com/en/passengers

Perhaps including a night in the Alps will be too hurried, given the amount of time you have ?

10. Re: Suggestion for travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 05:18