We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Landvetter Airport to Gothenburg

Exeter, UK
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Landvetter Airport to Gothenburg

Why are the taxis in this very civilized city allowed to rip you off? There are big signs saying make sure you get the price in advance and that the fixed price is under 300SEK daytime, 321SEK in the evening etc. Taxis also carry this price in signs on their doors and on their dashboards. But all the taxi drivers say the fare is SEK 450+ and rip you off!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
632 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Landvetter Airport to Gothenburg

If you take a taxi from the reputable companies (I will personally only use Taxi Göteborg - look for the trademark a man in an oldfashioned cap, on the door) you will not be ripped off as the give you the fixed price on the meter

The problem is that there are "freeriders" who try to emulate the reputable companies (the are several trade mark infringement law suits pending) and the do not have fixed pricing.

So yu should always ask the driver before you get in to the car and demand a fixed price.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
491 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Landvetter Airport to Gothenburg

Who told you that the fixed price to Landvetter was 321 SEK? If you're referring to the yellow price stickers on taxis rear doors (http://goo.gl/kJwShw), that price is not the price to Landvetter, it's a comparison price (10 km ride that takes 15 minutes) that taxis are required by law to show on their cars since taxi prices is not regulated in Sweden. Currently, that comparison price is 321 SEK for Taxi Göteborg. The fixed price to Landvetter is 405 SEK plus a surcharge of 37 SEK that the airport takes.

Edited: 31 July 2013, 17:12
Exeter, UK
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Landvetter Airport to Gothenburg

Reading this and the www.650000.se website I realize I was wrong and the correct fare of SEK 442 that I paid was in fact correct. Unfortunately the taxi man initially said the fare was SEK 342 (heard by 3 in our party) and then changed it to 487 so I felt I was bing ripped off. Thanks for letting me know that the SEK 331 is a standard comparison fare and not that to the airport

United States
Level Contributor
19 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Landvetter Airport to Gothenburg

Use "Mini taxi" next time. call 031-140 140. Always fixed price. 290kr from Landvetter-City center.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
491 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Landvetter Airport to Gothenburg

Mini Taxi is cheap but very unreliable. Sometimes when you call them you have to wait 30 minutes to get a car and sometimes you won't get one at all. Taxi Göteborg, being a lot bigger, almost always gets you a car within minutes.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Landvetter Airport to Gothenburg

Traveling as extensively as i do and for many years now I was absolutely disgusted at the way in which the taxi drivers blatantly rip you off here in Gothenburg. Sadly it does nothing for the reputation of the city not the authorities that seem to turn a blind eye to the practice. Worse still it does no good at all for the image of the migrants who typically drive these taxi's; smile in your face and talk about respect when blatantly charging you 2 maybe 3 times the rate. Fortunately these are the minority but i would anticipate that many that experience this behaviour may think differently and so look to all migrants as crooks and rip-off artists. What i cannot understand is how the Swedish authorities can simply turn a blind eye to this practice which is well documented and known by both locals and visitors alike. A sad reflection on the authorities - and certainly not at all conducive to tourism or business.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
491 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Landvetter Airport to Gothenburg

Anthony-HK227 > I use Taxi Göteborg a lot, and have never had a problem with their service. Other big companies like Taxi Kurir, Taxi 020, VIP Taxi, Mini Taxi also have a good reputation.

Then there are so called "free riders" that use very similiar logos as the big companies, for example there is one called "Göteborg Taxi", that clearly trying to imitate Taxi Göteborg. These companies have much higher prices (which is clearly posted on the yellow price sticker on their rear doors) and I guess the drivers try to rip you off in other ways too, such as driving a detour when they understand that the passenger is unfamiliar to Gothenburg. This is a problem, but since the taxi market is completely unregulated in Sweden, there is nothing the authorities can do other than inform tourists that they should always use the big taxi companies and always look at the yellow price sticker on the door.

At the railway station in Gothenburg, there is an official taxi waiting line in which all cars must have an agreement with the company that owns the railway station to pass thru the gates. I have never seen a car from the unreliable companies there. At Landvetter airport, there is a similiar service run by the airport. If you ask the front desk at your hotel to call a taxi, they will call a reliable company. If you need a taxi from a restaurant, ask the waiter to call a taxi. You can call a taxi for yourself at +4631650000 (Taxi Göteborg) or +4631272727 (Taxi Kurir). Personally, I always use Taxi Göteborg's iPhone app, very fast and convenient ( https:/… ). If you absolutely MUST take a taxi on the street, use cars from companies that you recognise, and ALWAYS look at the yellow sticker on the door. If the price is more than 350 SEK, WAIT FOR ANOTHER CAR! If you follow these recommendations, you should be just fine.

Goes, The...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Landvetter Airport to Gothenburg

Thank you very much for your info, I was looking on the internet for exact this. I hope they will give us the right price tomorrow. Thanks!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Landvetter Airport to Gothenburg

Will be visiting Gothenburg next month. Your comments are very helpful.. Tq!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Landvetter Airport to Gothenburg

Will be visiting Gothenburg next month. Very helpful comments. Tq!

Get answers to your questions about Gothenburg