We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emails not being answered

Which Gothenburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
119 posts
409 reviews
Save Topic
Emails not being answered

I have attempted multiple times to contact Massage/Rehab establishments to book a long massage for when I am in town. I get no reply from those that I email from their website. Is there something that is different with the internet in Sweden or am I just being ignored? I have never had any problem emailing through the "contact" in many many other countries.

Yes, I checked my SPAM filter.

Confused in Chicago

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
582 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emails not being answered

When did you mail them? It can take a couple of days for Smaller massage/rehab-centers to answer, but it sounds odd if they aren't answering at all.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
119 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emails not being answered

I have waited at least a week for them. I use the contact info on the website of the Goteborg Massage & Rehab and Flex Massage (which are my first choices). I am not visiting till May but I at least wanted to establish I could have a 2 hour massage and their prices. It is just weird.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
653 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emails not being answered

In general the infrastructure, knowledge and usage of internet/emails are extremly high in Sweden, but time to time you run in to "dark places" that are not. I don't know if this is the case or there might be some problem with their mail server or something. I suggest you try call them.

EK

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
445 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emails not being answered

One problem can be the language. Not that the recipient doesn't understand English, but that 99 % of all spam are in English and I know that many people doesn't even read emails written in English because they immediately think it's spam. Maybe you should try emailing them in Swedish instead. We can help you translate.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
119 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emails not being answered

WOW! Thank you so much! This is what I would like to say:

Hello! I am visiting Gothenburg for 1 day from a cruise ship. I would like very much to have a 2 hour massage, using 2 therapists, if needed. Could we set up a time and a price?

We are in port on May 14, 2015 from 700 - 1330. I would love to have a Swedish massage while in Sweden!

Thanks from Chicago,

Linda

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emails not being answered

Translation:

---

Hej!

Jag besöker Göteborg en dag på en kryssning. Under mitt besök skulle jag vilja ha en två timmars klassisk massage med två terapeuter om det behövs. Kan vi komma överens om en tid och ett pris?

Vi är i Göteborg 14 maj 2015 från 07.00 till 13.30. Jag skulle tycka mycket om att få en klassisk massage ("Swedish massage") när jag är i Sverige.

Tack på förhand från Chicago,

Linda

P.S. Du får gärna svara på engelska. Jag har fått hjälp att översätta det här mejlet till svenska.

---

I added a "please answer in English" text.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
119 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emails not being answered

Thank you so much augustekman! And soer for this idea! I already received an "Out of office" reply so I know at least one got through.

Thanks for adding to reply in English :-)

8. Re: Emails not being answered

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 06:18