We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nimis

Edmonton
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Nimis

I'll be in Göteborg next weekend and was wondering if it's possible to get from there to Nimis without a car, either by public transit or a combination of train and renting a bike, etc. If not, any recommendations for other day trips from Göteborg? This will be my first time visiting that area of Sweden.

Mentioned in this post
Nimis
Nimis
116 Reviews
Hoganas, Sweden
Sweden
Sweden
Europe
Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,476 posts
618 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nimis

No, it is far away in Skåne. Not a day trip.

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nimis

@Ugurd's answer is basically right, but just to describe it a bit further:

Nimis is about 200 km from Gothenburg. Going there by public transportation takes at least four and a half hour each way, including a loooong walk the last part.

If you're very, very interested in seeing Nimis, it can be done, but it'll take an entire day. Basically, you need to go to Helsingborg by train, catching a bus there to Mölle Möllehässle (usually with one bus transfer on the way). From there, you walk, about 4 kilometres.

For connections, look at reseplanerare.resrobot.se/bin/query.exe/en

For walking directions the last part, look at Google Maps ( http://tinyurl.com/q9k7n3q )

Edited: 08 June 2014, 18:46
Mentioned in this post
Gothenburg
Gothenburg
Vastra Gotaland County, Sweden
Nimis
Nimis
116 Reviews
Hoganas, Sweden
Helsingborg
Helsingborg
Skane County, Sweden
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,568 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nimis

For other daytrips: Marstrand would be my first recommendation. I suppose they still have boats directly fron centre to centre, besides the buses, in the season.

Mentioned in this post
Marstrand
Marstrand
128 Reviews
Marstrand, Sweden
Edmonton
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nimis

Thanks for the great advice. I would really like to go, but sounds like it would be a bit of an ordeal. I'll think about it.

5. Re: Nimis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 06:16