We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights in Gothenburg

Which Gothenburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
alabama
Level Contributor
541 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights in Gothenburg

Hi !

We will be spending two nights in Gothenburg in month of Sept (2nd week).

Could anyone here, recommending us where to see and move around (exploring) when we are there. And any best tram or bus ride that giving us good views (sightseeing in the bus) ?

Or any short trip around or away from Gothenburg?

How much is a day pass - 24 hours (transport).? Is this the economical way to explore Gothenburg ?

Where is the food truck located that I could buy food?

Thank you much for taking your precious time to comment and advise.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
675 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights in Gothenburg

Welcome to Gothenburg, you can use the public transportation network for sightseeing; it's a small town to get around. Food trucks are about to be launched in Gothenburg, the Municipality has recently passed a bill that allows licensee food truck, yes that’s true, year 2014... Be aware the food trucks will offer a bit different food than what we usually can be expected from food trucks, it was a part of the regularity for food trucks.

Official site about the Food trucks and where they will be located (translation available);

http://goteborg.se/wps/portal/foretag/tillstand-och-regler/food-truck/!ut/p/b1/04_Sj9Q1tDQ2tjQzNjIx0I_Qj8pLLMtMTyzJzM9LzAHxo8ziQw0NAi2cDB0N3A2M3AwcvX2NLULdjQ0tLEyBCiKBCgxwAEcDQvr9PPJzU_Vzo3IsAHB9LlI!/dl4/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

EK

Edited: 17 July 2014, 18:17
Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
675 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights in Gothenburg

Same link but easier;

goteborg.se/wps/portal…

EK

alabama
Level Contributor
541 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights in Gothenburg

Hi EK,

Thank you so much for your inputs and the link that you have provided.

May I ask, do you have any recommendation on any tram or bus ride that offer good scenery of Gothenburg ?

Could u pls tell me , whether the 24hr ticket is valid for the tram and boat ride to Marstrand ?

Thank you.

Cheers !

Have a wonderful day.

Cheers !

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
675 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights in Gothenburg

Regarding busses or trams, the lines that cross the bridges (Götaälvbron; Nordstan and Lilla Bommen stops on the city side and Älvsborgsbron; Kungsten and Järnvågen stops on the city side) give you a view of the waterfronts.

vasttrafik.se/Global/…20stombuss.pdf (

vasttrafik.se/Global/…A5g.pdf

Regarding Marstrand, it's not included in the 24h Gothenburg card, you will need the Around the region (Regionen runt) card from Västtrafik to cover Marstrands (as I understand the terms and condition).

Edited: 17 July 2014, 20:53
alabama
Level Contributor
541 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nights in Gothenburg

Hi EK,

Thank you so much for helping me by providing me the bus and tram website links. I will look into them in the next couple of days. Appreciated for your inputs and precious time taken to reply me.

Have a wonderful day. Cheers !

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
451 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 nights in Gothenburg

You don't need the Regionen runt for Marstrand. The Göteborg++ is sufficient.

Regarding food trucks, we had a few of them at Kungstorget, but they disappeared when the food hall at Kungstorget was being rebuilt a few years ago. Great to have them back, but the social democrats in the city hall couldn't resist to regulate when, where and what they can serve.

alabama
Level Contributor
541 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 nights in Gothenburg

Hi Soer,

Thanks for your reply. May I ask, when you said "Goteborg++" what do you imply ? We plan to purchase the 24 hour travel card, so could we use this travel card to visit Marstrand?

EK has providing me the 2 links on the the trams and bus routes at item 4 .I still could not digest or understand the routes. I read that tram 11 ride is a scenic ride, is there any other bus/tram rides that I could admire or enjoy the scenic view without getting off the tram/bus ? If there are pls kindly tell me what are the bus/tram numbers ? I truly appreciate you folks has given me great help to get to know Goteborg first before I visit the place. Our time there is pretty short , so we hope to see as much as we could.

Haha !

Have a wonderful weekend to you all.

Cheers and thank you so much !

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
43 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 nights in Gothenburg

Hi

The buss/tram tickets in Gothenburg are a horrible example of bad engineering, no one understand how to use it. I would recommend that you go and talk to the people at "Tidpunkten/Västtrafik" (the round house in front of the central train station), they will be able to help you.

As for cruises to Marstrand you'll find information here; http://www.stromma.se/en/Gothenburg/

But please note that you'll probably spend a full day if you chose to go up there. And september might or might not be the best month weather wise either (but it could... you never know).

You could also go on the "Paddan" boats that starts at Kungsportsplatsen (super central) that'll take you on a cruise through the central parts of Gothenburg.

alabama
Level Contributor
541 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 nights in Gothenburg

Hi Floatpoint,

I surely thank you and appreciate your inputs and comments. Will look it up.

Have a wonderful weekend. Cheers !

10. Re: 2 nights in Gothenburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 05:15