We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to Gothenburg

London, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Flying to Gothenburg

Hi, We are planning a short weekend to Gothenburg in January as we have found some cheap deals with Ryanair. As Ryanair don't tend to fly to major airports, can anyone let me know how far away from the centre we would be if we flew to Gothenburg (GSE). Is this the main airport for the city? If not how far away is it? Is there a bus/train to the city centre?

Also have started reading some reccomendations for hotels in the city. If anyone has any advice on where to stay or not stay, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying to Gothenburg

There're 2 airports:

You will fly to Göteborg City Airport:

http://www.goteborgairport.se/eng.asp

The other airport:

lfv.se/templates/LFV_AirportStartPage____257…

Boston
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying to Gothenburg

Regarding hotels, I am currently staying in Gothenburg on a business trip is: Comfort Hotel City Center.

It is close to the water and it is within walking distance of the center of the city. There are some great little restaurants around the corner from this hotel. Also it is very close to public transportation.

There is a bus stop (where a number of buses stop) right next to this hotel and it is close to the Rosenlund ferry stop.

I hope this information helps and enjoy your trip!

London, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying to Gothenburg

Bill - thank you for the link, it was really helpful, and I think I will go ahead and book the flights now. It's unusual for Ryanair to fly somewhere that actually looks near the city they claim.

Mllw - thank you for your suggestion - I'll have a look at this hotel once we get the flights booked.

Thanks again guys.

4. Re: Flying to Gothenburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 12:23
Get answers to your questions about Gothenburg