We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far from the airport to the city centre?

Warsaw
Level Contributor
100 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
how far from the airport to the city centre?

Hi there:) I am flying to India next week and I need to change planes in Helsinki. I will have 5 hours to kill. Can you tell me whether it's possible for me to see the city at this time? How far is the airport from the city centre? thanks for help.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,507 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how far from the airport to the city centre?

5 hours is not a whole lot of time, but you could take the bus (Finnair is faster, city bus 615 is cheaper) and have a stroll in Kauppatori market, Senate Square and around - the central area is compact.

It takes 30-40 minutes or so to get from the airport to the centre. Buses are frequent.

Warsaw
Level Contributor
100 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how far from the airport to the city centre?

Thanks for the answer. Two more questions though- how much is the bus to the centre and is it easy to get lost in the city? I would not like to miss my flight to India:) thanks

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,507 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how far from the airport to the city centre?

I don't know the exact fare but the 615 is a couple of euros cheaper than the Finnair bus. Get a map from the tourist office at the airport or in the train station and you won't get lost. Helsinki has a small central area but you CAN get lost there, although it's a pretty easy place to navigate.

4. Re: how far from the airport to the city centre?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2010, 05:17