We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Turku from Helsinki

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
43 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Turku from Helsinki

My husbnad & I will be making a day trip to Turku from Helsinki by train in early December and I need help to plan it.

1. Is the train station within walking distance to the city? Otherwise what bus should I take to the city?

2. Is the Castle & Catheral within walking distance from the City?

What are the most important places I should visit for this 1-day only trip?

3. Is the Turku Card worth buying?

4. Since the hop-on-hop off service is not available in December, are there any sightseeing services available? Are they necessary ?

Assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
4,929 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Turku from Helsinki

1. yes

2. yes

3. no

4. no

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,584 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Turku from Helsinki

Turku's a small and walkable city. The castle and cathedral are the key points for a day trip there. They are linked by the river and most other sights can be taken in while walking between them, leaving the river here and there for such sights as the indoor market. Just pick up a tourist map, dress warmly and you'll be fine.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
43 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Turku from Helsinki

Thanks very much, Polarbearfin & JohntheFinn. Great help.

4. Re: Day trip to Turku from Helsinki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2013, 10:18