We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there a reqmt of visa during layover ???

Allahabad, Uttar...
2 posts
Save Topic
is there a reqmt of visa during layover ???

am a citizen of India travelling to canada via helsinki, along with my wife and child .... have a 6 hr layover at finland..... is it time enough for a sneek peek of finland ....do i need a visa to take a quick sight seeing trip???? any must see sights ???? thanks 4 any advice ...... :)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is there a reqmt of visa during layover ???

Yes, with an Indian passport you need to apply for a tourist visa while still in India if you want to exit the Helsinki airport. The visas will cost you at least 155 euros (over 10000 rupees). finland.org.in/public/…

See the Top Questions in the Helsinki forums, they tell about sightseeing during a short layover and how to get downtown from the airport.

In practice you should have 2-3 hours in downtown Helsinki, which allows you to stroll to the Senate Square and then have maybe coffee or tea at the Market Square. You might also have the time for a closer look at the Uspensky Cathedral and finally you can stroll back along the Esplanade. This can be quite a nice break if it is summer and the weather is nice. If it is raining, I would not bother.

Mentioned in this post
Helsinki
Helsinki
Uusimaa, Finland
Senate Square
Senate Square
2,598 Reviews
Helsinki, Finland
Allahabad, Uttar...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: is there a reqmt of visa during layover ???

hey thnx 4 info .... will plan accordingly .... :)

3. Re: is there a reqmt of visa during layover ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 06:18