We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thermal ski wear and boots???

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
thermal ski wear and boots???

I need a bit of help with what inghams supply you for a lapland holiday?? It says in the broucher that they supply you with thermal ski clothing and boots. But I just want to know what do they mean by thermal ski clothing?? As I don't want to go paying out for a ski jacket and trousers if we will be having them given to us for free??

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,962 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thermal ski wear and boots???

Tour operators' ski/thermal clothing means practically always a one-piece thermal snowsuit. See e.g. laplandsafaris.com/en/…how-to-dress-in-winter to have an idea what you will be wearing. You'll have to provide your own thermal underwear and warming layer and gloves, socks and hats. In many cases they may also provide you with gloves, woollen socks and a hat or balaclava, but I'd take my own just in case + to have spare ones for changing and adding more if needed.

For further information on clothing see http://lapland.fruitbandit.com/ .

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: thermal ski wear and boots???

Thank you for replying. Just need to know aswell can we hire ski Google's out there? I'm not going skiing but I have booked a husky/reindeer safari for me and my family. And don't really want to be buying new if they supply them etc??

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: thermal ski wear and boots???

Thank you for replying. Just need to know aswell can we hire ski Google's out there? I'm not going skiing but I have booked a husky/reindeer safari for me and my family. And don't really want to be buying new if they supply them etc??

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,962 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thermal ski wear and boots???

The safari companies may provide you with goggles for the duration of the safari, but I doubt that they do that for husky safaries. Ski rental shops usually rent also ski goggles.

5. Re: thermal ski wear and boots???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 07:19