We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from kakslauttanen to rovaniemi

Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from kakslauttanen to rovaniemi

I'm trying to book the bus transport from kakslauttanen to rovaniemi.

Been trying the website matkahuolto, but it doesnt allow me to buy the tickets online.

My question is do i but the tickets on board with the bus driver?

I need to travel in the morning of 12 feb and there are 3 options. Will i be able to get tickets without advance booking?

Appreciate your inputs, thanks

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from kakslauttanen to rovaniemi

You can always buy tickets from buses in Finland. And there is usually always room in the buses, just be early at t he bus station in Rovaniemi. Ask the busdriver to stop at the Kakslauttanen bus stop, because by yourself it could be easy to miss it. From the busstop its only a 1 minute walk to the reception. Have a nice trip!

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from kakslauttanen to rovaniemi

I think OP is travelling from Kakslauttanen to Rovaniemi. There's no need yo buy the tickets in advance.

Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from kakslauttanen to rovaniemi

Thanks petteriv and zam72., i'll buy the tickets from the bus directly then... :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from kakslauttanen to rovaniemi

The booking site is http://www.matkahuolto.info/lippu/en/connectionsearch?stat=1&sn0=Ivalo+%28Inari%29&sn1=Rovaniemi&sn2=&snOld0=&snOld1=&snOld2=&page=criteria&action=&connectionSearchType=departure&commuterLineNumber=&selectedDay=26&selectedMonth=9&selectedYear=2013&selecte

It seems that you can only book seats 1 month in advance.

Try again on 13 Jan 2014 and let me know if it works. I will be taking the same trip on 06 Feb 2014.

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from kakslauttanen to rovaniemi

There really is no need to book tickets, let alone seats (for extra fee, btw), in advance. Long-haul buses in Lapland are practically never crowded. They had actually an article in a newspaper here mentioning that mainly foreigners buy bus tickets on the internet at Matkahuolto website. It's worthwhile only if you can get the super cheap online tickets, but they are practically never available on routes in Lapland, so Finns do not usually bother with buying the tickets in advance. Long haul bus drivers accept also credit card payments.

Rovaniemi, Finland
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from kakslauttanen to rovaniemi

There are certain lines that can get full from time to time, like on weekends when older students are getting back home - or back to school. But what I know about bus companies, they can anticipate those days, and should have a "follow-up" bus from another line checking, that no-one is left behind.

But I understand that on a holiday it can save you a lot of hassle and especially time, if you can have all your tickets ready (and hotels booked) in advance. As said there is no real need to buy bus tickets in advance, but on the other hand it would be one thing checked on your itinerary.

7. Re: Bus from kakslauttanen to rovaniemi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:17