We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski goggles

England
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ski goggles

Off on our first trip in just under three weeks and can hardly wait.

We've bought all the clothing (ski jacket and trousers, boots, thermals, hat, gloves etc) but aren't sure if we should be buying some ski goggles as well?

Any advice gratefully received.

St Ives, United...
Level Contributor
4,159 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski goggles

If you are planning on skiing then i would say yes buy some,If not skiing then you wont need them.

England
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski goggles

Thanks, will head out and get a couple of pairs.

Runcorn
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski goggles

You should get goggles with amber lenses as they are the best in low light conditions.

UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ski goggles

Hi,

I've bought some goggles from Lidl but I keep reading that single lens goggles (like the one's I've bought) are no good and will steam up.

I'm thinking about selling them and getting double lens ones - what do you think?

Runcorn
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ski goggles

Most goggles have foam that allows the condensation to escape, I would not worry about cheap goggles or clothing from Lidl our son wore it last year in Levi and he was fine. It's all about the layers.

UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ski goggles

Thanks for that - it's nice to know.

7. Re: Ski goggles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 23:20