We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who has already booked for December 2012?

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Who has already booked for December 2012?

Hi there

I guess I am being curious but am just wondering how many of you have already booked for December 2012?

The Thomson Lapland 2012 brochure came out last Thursday so I booked on the friday for Lapland.

Excited already!!!!!

Grays Thurrock...
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who has already booked for December 2012?

I did look at prices but they are very expensive at the moment about £1000 more than we paid for this years, we only booked about 7 weeks ago and we leave tomorrow. What hotel did u book?

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who has already booked for December 2012?

Hi Have chosen to go to resort of Saariselk this time as have already been to Rovaniemi and Yllas twice. Wanted to go further North in hope of also seeing Northern lights. Chosen Snowflake Hotel.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
106 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who has already booked for December 2012?

We book as early as we can. Already got Jan 2013 sorted (has been for around 10 months) and we will sort 2014 as soon as we return from our next trip to Lapland in Jan / Feb

Not that we are addicted to Lapland in anyway... ;-)

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who has already booked for December 2012?

Who have you booked with? I'm getting married 23/12/12 and want to leave for Lapland on 24th but only place I can find with them dates are Thomson

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who has already booked for December 2012?

Who have you booked with? I'm getting married 23/12/12 and want to leave for Lapland on 24th but only place I can find with them dates are Thomson

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who has already booked for December 2012?

Booked with Thomson. They are the best priced as far as I can see. I am just sad Thomson do not offer renewal of vows as well as weddings as we would love to renew our vows out there

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who has already booked for December 2012?

Hi

im looking into booking maybe need a WOW holiday!

haveny got a clue where to start but i know i want to stay in the wilderness and either a 4 or 5 night stay

when i have looked on thomson it only comes up with 3 nights from midlands airports.

which would be the best place to stay and to book with?

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who has already booked for December 2012?

Hi again

The best advice I can give you is to go into Thomson travel agent and ask them to price up a four night break for you. The five nights will be over Christmas or new year so I am not sure if you wish to be away for those times. Other tour companies such as Santa Claus holidays and Canterbury travel offer more nights but i have found them to be far more expensive.

I have been to Rovaniemi, Yllas twice and have now booked to go to Saariselka which is further North still as we want to try and see the Northen lights. Rovanimi is more of a city stay and you may not get as much snow ealry December as you would in Yllas. Yllas has always had plenty of snow beginning of December. If you want a more out in the wilderness feel then I would head to Yllas or Saariselka.

Ballygally, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who has already booked for December 2012?

hi

we have booked a log cabin in yllas for jan 2013,4 adults,can you give us an idea of restaurant and shop prices and any tips you might have for us.we are flying to sweden then driving up,national lampoons springs to mind!!!

thanks

sharon

Moraira, Spain
Level Contributor
697 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who has already booked for December 2012?

We are going on the 9th Dec for a week, booked a ski package with Inghams for 12 people, loads cheaper than any of the 3 or 4 day santa trips!

We are actually getting married there on the 12-12-12 and arranged the wedding through a wedding coordinator who is English but lives there in Winter arranging weddings and renewal of vows, then goes to Crete in the summer and does the same job there.

Go to sunandsnowweddings.com