We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa in Lapland

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Santa in Lapland

Hi,

I would like to take my 6 yr old twins to see Santa next Xmas - can anyone recommend a company that does a nice package. I'd like them to remember it as magical, not long boring queues in the freezing cold...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
999 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa in Lapland

Go for a week rather than a day trip!

Day trips are just not long enough and leave you wanting more.

If you can take a week everyday will be magical for you and the children and you will get to experience more.

Inghams

Thomsons

Crystal

They all do similar although I believe from personal experience the latter 2 are cheaper.

There's lots of info on here about the different resorts and experienced members with great advice!

Happy searching :)

Arsy, France
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa in Lapland

there is also:

esprit

Canterbury

activities abroad

sovereign

cosmos (I thinks)

magic of lapland

not recommended is transun

Stranraer, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa in Lapland

If you go on a 3/4 night santa break the meeting with santa/activity tasters are included. The ski weeks are cheaper but you have to pay extra for all the activities plus meeting santa plus thermal clothing which bumps the price up.If you go in January it is also alot cheaper than going in December but for us defeats the purpose really as I've got a 4 year old so the priority for us is to go before Christmas and see Santa. we've just booked 4 nights with thomsons to saariselka after reading great reviews on here. It inlcudes a private family meeting with Santa in his cabin in the forest=can't wait!!

Edited: 06 January 2013, 07:27
Hereford, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa in Lapland

I am about to book a 3 night break with Espirit. Anyone been on this and have any do's or dont's? I would like to try out skiing on our spare day - is it better to book this now or wait and see what is on offer when we are there?

Any tips welcome.

liverpool
Level Contributor
430 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa in Lapland

Do look at thomsons as the prices have come down loads in the past few weeks. 4 days for £2200 the week before Xmas.

6. Re: Santa in Lapland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 05:18