We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luosto log cabins with Canterbury Travel

Lowestoft, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Luosto log cabins with Canterbury Travel

We're on first trip to Lapland on 20th Dec 13 and can't wait! We're taking our 5 year old son and some of our family will be joining us (in total 4 adults and 3 kids).

Can anyone give me any general tips or advice for our trip? We're in log cabins in Luosto, how much snow is there likely to be? When and where to best see the northern lights?

Also do I need goggles for the snow mobiles?

Thanks all

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luosto log cabins with Canterbury Travel

Welcome to the forum. Your questions have been answered already before hundreds of times, so just take a look on the older threads and take advantage of the search function above.

cumbria
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luosto log cabins with Canterbury Travel

Many people ask questions that have already been answered but it won't hurt to reply so I'll try and help you. I'm not an expert, I have only been 3 times but I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of snow. We wore ski goggles when we skiied but not on the Santa holidays. I can tell you that Luosto log cabins are fantastic and you will have a great time. They are so cosy, and the log cabin restaurant is lovely too. Our 2 trips to luosto were absolutely magical. If you want any more info just ask. Have a great trip!

Finland
Level Contributor
894 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luosto log cabins with Canterbury Travel

There is currently about 30 cm of snow in Luosto, it's looking good this year. They give all the gear for snowmobiles. Usually the helmet has a good visor that protects the whole face.

Lowestoft, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luosto log cabins with Canterbury Travel

thanks for your replies, for some reason I didn't get notification in my email so sorry for the late reply! it's getting very close now and we're all very excited, my son can't wait to see the northern lights!

Does anyone know what the lunches are like during the excursions? as my son is very fussy and a little concerned about what he would eat?

cumbria
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luosto log cabins with Canterbury Travel

When we were there last time in 2009 we had our lunches at a little restaurant in Luosto called Luoston Hovi, google it and have a look, it was lovely, nice atmosphere although it did get very busy but that didn't spoil it. The food was very nice, buffet style and I'm sure there will be something your son will like. If he likes fries as most children do he will be fine, they were available every day. Let me know if you want any more advice.

Lowestoft, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Luosto log cabins with Canterbury Travel

Thanks only one more day before we go!

Does anyone know anything about the 'In search of Santa' song that Canterbury travel have? What's the tune as I'd like my son to have an idea of how it goes before hand?

cumbria
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luosto log cabins with Canterbury Travel

You will be given the words on the coach and everyone is encouraged to join in. They will give you a cd at the end of your trip, we still play ours now, such a catchy tune. If you want any more last minute advice feel free to pm me

8. Re: Luosto log cabins with Canterbury Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Lapland