We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please advise Santa trip after xmas day

lancashire
Level Contributor
28 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Please advise Santa trip after xmas day

Hi

I'm hoping to travel to Lapland with my 8yr old daughter and husband after Christmas 2014, I can't fi d anything that is less than 5 nights as a package. I am happy to book independently and have read Reki and Levi are recommended. We only really have 2 requirements, that are; not far from the airport and we can book and get to visit Santa/possible husky ride. Can either be hotel or cabin.

We want to go ideally between 26-30th? Dec 2014. We live 40 mins from Manchester. We have no idea of a budget, but are looking to save as much as possible.

Many Thanks in advance

Dee

Stranraer, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please advise Santa trip after xmas day

Not sure if Santa breaks go after Christmas but worth looking at Thomsons. We went with Thomsons to Saariselka and flew direct from Manchester to Ivalo which was a 20/30 minute transfer. If you're going after Christmas it's better value to go for a week .Inghams go to Saarsiselka for a ski week but it's a 3 hour transfer. Crystal ski go to Ruka but only from London airports,not Manchester.

Moraira, Spain
Level Contributor
697 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please advise Santa trip after xmas day

We did a week ski package with inghams last year then booked excursion with them separately. Levi is lovely and only a short coach ride from kitilla airport. Its a great place and you will have a great time.

lancashire
Level Contributor
28 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please advise Santa trip after xmas day

Thankyou very much, we can't go for a week, my husband's busiest time of year, he is ALLOWED 3 days !

lancashire
Level Contributor
28 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please advise Santa trip after xmas day

Thank you, so Inghams can do it separately? flights - accom - excursions ?

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please advise Santa trip after xmas day

No, from Inghams you can only buy a package including flights and accommodation and then purchase the excursions separately (from Inghams or directly from local providers). However, I guess they do only week long stays after Christmas.

lancashire
Level Contributor
28 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please advise Santa trip after xmas day

Thanks again, It's looks like my only option is a) 5 days or b) fly from London-Helsinki Hels - Kisillia then fly from Kis-man return, but an awful lot of faffing and potential delays :(

england
Level Contributor
82 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please advise Santa trip after xmas day

we booked independently and saved a fortune and used levi tourist office for everything from apt to trips. we went on dec 27th for a week this year but you can go for shorter and stayed in levi. We flew finnair from manchester changing in helsinki and they were really impressive as an airline, we then stayed in a 2 bed apt in levi centre.

we booked via the tourist office the santa safari which involveded snowmobiles, reindeer ride and santa himself in a beautiful setting. we also went to rovineami to the santa villlage and santa park (but did find this tacky and glad we stayed in levi), however the kids loved it. Note though trips for santa after xmas are only on certain days so you may need to check this. santa safari was on 31st dec and 2nd jan and the santa park was on a wednesday so we went on new years day. get in touch if i can help more, it was very daunting last year arranging but were so glad we did we loved it and are already planning to go back to levi

as for the flight we took the 10am flight to kittilia and then only had a short hour between transfers, all perfectly smooth and well worth the cost savings and flexibility.

Edited: 08 January 2014, 13:06
8. Re: Please advise Santa trip after xmas day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 06:41
lancashire
Level Contributor
28 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please advise Santa trip after xmas day

Thank you so much :)

lancashire
Level Contributor
28 posts
36 reviews